The Student Room Group

Math undergraduates, how often do you review everything?

So im a uni maths student, and im finding theres a lot of content to keep up with, and literally hundreds of proofs that you have to know. so I was just wondering, how often do you go through everything you learnt in the course so far. As in do you review everything you learnt so far every week, every 2 weeks or maybe a month.
Original post by СУКА БЛЯТЬ
So im a uni maths student, and im finding theres a lot of content to keep up with, and literally hundreds of proofs that you have to know. so I was just wondering, how often do you go through everything you learnt in the course so far. As in do you review everything you learnt so far every week, every 2 weeks or maybe a month.

Most proofs are relatively straight forward and just require you to know the definitions. So after you have done your problem sets for the module, they should become quite easy. Most harder proofs, say 2 pages+ will generally never be asked in an exam (as they take too long an would be far too many marks). Which leaves proofs that require a trick or something very subtle. There is never loads of them so just knowing/memorising the trick will be enough.

Reviewing material is a strange one. Personally, I feel you get far more out of doing problems whilst pouring over your notes. As you will make connections better than if you simply sit down and say ''I'm going to review X topic now''. I found that doing problems from other universities problem sets was also good practice in making sure you knew the material (Just type in to google '' 'Module name' problem sheet/questions'' and you'll find plenty).
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest