Friend took her life because of lockdown

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
The other day my friend took her life because she couldn't cope with another lockdown she had recently lost her job and her parents treated her like **** I've cried for most days I don't even know why I'm posting this other than to get this out
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The other day my friend took her life because she couldn't cope with another lockdown she had recently lost her job and her parents treated her like **** I've cried for most days I don't even know why I'm posting this other than to get this out
I hope you’re doing okay, may she rest in peace because she’s in a better place now.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Omg someone I went to college with did the same last weekend she jumped in front of a train it was awful
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
Omg someone I went to college with did the same last weekend she jumped in front of a train it was awful
Damn, That’s so flipping sad man

Check up on your friends/ family frequently
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
Damn, That’s so flipping sad man

Check up on your friends/ family frequently
This lockdown is not helping so many of my friends say they want to end things I've spent so many hours trying to talk many of my friends out of it
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
That's incredibly tragic and it saddens me to hear all of this.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 week ago
This lockdown is not helping so many of my friends say they want to end things I've spent so many hours trying to talk many of my friends out of it
I’m so sorry for you seeing that ❤️

That’s good, please do
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So sorry to hear this OP
If you are struggling to cope dont hesitate to reach out for support, whether that be a loved one or a helpline.
Anonymous #5
Report 1 week ago
My best friend took her life during the first lockdown she was already in a bad way before but when it came in she just couldn't take it anymore I miss her loads
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
it is terribly sad when anyone kills themself, but especially so when it is a young person.
Anonymous #6
Report 1 week ago
I’m so sorry for you loss ❤️ The lockdown has been tough for everyone, I hope that u have people around u to support u through such a difficult time. Just remember there was nothing more that u could have done, it wasn’t your fault. Perhaps, u could do a send off in your back garden in memory of her by letting balloons go or hang some pictures up with her so u always feel close to her if u don’t already have them in your room.
TJ1997
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm really sorry you had to go through that and hope things pick up for you soon. It's been a tough time keeping in touch with people in general, but hearing about anyone taking their own life is incredibly upsetting.

Feel free to reach out if you ever feel like doing so
karl pilkington
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Did she kill herself because of the lockdown?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (99)
28.37%
No - I have already returned home (45)
12.89%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (67)
19.2%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (37)
10.6%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
28.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed