The Student Room Group

Working for tesco

I've an interview with tesco for a new job. If I get this job I have to give 4 weeks notice, will this ruin my chances of actually getting the job?
no
Reply 2
Original post by tinygirl96
no

That's good as I want to be kind to old employer but also good to tesco especially with Christmas coming up. They said if I succeed induction is week com 14th Dec but if it's the Tues-Thurs it's my usual days off so could do it or would they do induction when I'm fee to start? Cheers in advance
Reply 3
There may be more than you doing the Tesco induction, and it may involve particular members of staff being available, so they won't necessarily go changing dates to suit when you're free.

You'll have to ask your current employer if there is any flex in attending the induction and with your notice period, and if not, discuss it with Tesco. Notice periods aren't uncommon so anywhere you're taking up.a new job should understand.
Original post by Surnia
There may be more than you doing the Tesco induction, and it may involve particular members of staff being available, so they won't necessarily go changing dates to suit when you're free.

You'll have to ask your current employer if there is any flex in attending the induction and with your notice period, and if not, discuss it with Tesco. Notice periods aren't uncommon so anywhere you're taking up.a new job should understand.

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending