The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queens PGCE 2021/22 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bdavidson1997
Hi have you had your interview yet, I have my Computing PGCE interview on Tuesday.

I also have my computing PGCE tomorrow
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Original post by Anonymous

Me too, Do you have any idea of the format it will take?

How are you feeling about the presentation?
I think the presentation will be ok, it’s more the questions I’m thinking about and what they possibly could be
I think the presentation will be ok, it’s more the questions I’m thinking about and what they possibly could be

yea im just trying to research every possible question
Has anyone had their interview yet for computing
Any science interviews yet? (Chemistry in particular).
How was the computing interviews?
Reply 28
Original post by irishluck
Any science interviews yet? (Chemistry in particular).

Hi! I'm still waiting to hear back for chemistry, no word yet!
Original post by HayS15
Hi! I'm still waiting to hear back for chemistry, no word yet!

Hopefully we both get word over the next few weeks.
Reply 30
Hi I have an interview this week for the Re pgce does anyone have any tips? For those that have already had their interviews did they say how long we have to wait before we find out if we are successful? :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by del90
Hi I have an interview this week for the Re pgce does anyone have any tips? For those that have already had their interviews did they say how long we have to wait before we find out if we are successful? :smile:

Hello!

Good luck this week!

I did ask, but they said they are at the mercy of the Education Authority to let them know how many applicants per subject to allow in. Thus can be as late as May. So time us our enemy.

Tips.. be yourself and talk about your passion for the subject.
Original post by del90

Hi, I had an interview for English a couple of weeks ago. I had to do a 5 minute verbal presentation (since the interview is over Microsoft teams they said that no props were allowed and that you had to maintain eye contact with the camera).
I had 2 interviewers who were both lovely! I was quite nervous but they really put me at ease, so try not to be too nervous!
I was the asked 3 more questions, some of them were subject specific and others were about “why would you make a good teacher”.

My main advice would be to showcase your experience! Always try to make sure that you can back up what you’re saying with evidence of your experience. For example “I think a good teacher must have excellent communication, I have witnessed this during my time volunteering in a classroom where I have seen x y and z”

They told me that it would be late spring time before we hear if we are successful or not. I’m not sure if this will be the same for RE.

I hope this helps you out! Just try your best and make sure you have your preparation done!
Reply 33
Thanks everyone for the feedback 🤗
Reply 34
Hi,

Has anyone heard anything?
Original post by Askabar
Hi,

Has anyone heard anything?

Nothing yet, have you?
Reply 36
Hey

I haven’t heard anything have you ?
Reply 37
Nothing yet.

Just that they are in the process of notifying unsuccessful candidates as we speak
Original post by Askabar
Nothing yet.

Just that they are in the process of notifying unsuccessful candidates as we speak

Do you know is that for people who didn’t have an interview? Or people who did have an interview are being notified too?
Reply 39
Do you know is that for people who didn’t have an interview? Or people who did have an interview are being notified too?

I take that for candidates who had interview.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending