highlighters0312
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Are teachers allowed to give you the internal grade before its moderated?
alias12
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, they give everyone a mark that is subject to change upon moderation, but they are not allowed to give a grade
highlighters0312
Rep:
?
alias12 ok great thank you! do you have a link for that?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by highlighters0312)
Link to what?
highlighters0312
Rep:
?
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Link to what?
link to where it says on the Edexcel website or any publication by the exam board to confirm that? I need to show it to my school as they won't release marks currently.
alias12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't have a link to Edexcel as I did AQA, but it was the school that told us JCQ (some qualifications board) have a rule that before moderation, students have to be made aware of their marks - as I know mine (at least before moderation) reduces a grade offer from one of my university choices
highlighters0312
Rep:
?
(Original post by alias12)
I don't have a link to Edexcel as I did AQA, but it was the school that told us JCQ (some qualifications board) have a rule that before moderation, students have to be made aware of their marks - as I know mine (at least before moderation) reduces a grade offer from one of my university choices
Ahh yes of course that makes sense as people need to put it on UCAS. Will raise that point- rn they won't give anything!
alias12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ahh yes of course that makes sense as people need to put it on UCAS. Will raise that point- rn they won't give anything!
You can't put it on UCAS (as it is not a final grade until results day) but some universities offer B instead of A if one achieves an A/A* in EPQ for example - a mark helps people gain an idea of whether they have offers that may be reduced
highlighters0312
Rep:
?
(Original post by alias12)
You can't put it on UCAS (as it is not a final grade until results day) but some universities offer B instead of A if one achieves an A/A* in EPQ for example - a mark helps people gain an idea of whether they have offers that may be reduced
Would they not put the predicted grade on their ucas app? Thats what I was referring to haha or would you just say you were undertaking it that year.
alias12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Would they not put the predicted grade on their ucas app? Thats what I was referring to haha or would you just say you were undertaking it that year.
Your UCAS Referee can put in the predicted grade in their section as it is one of your expected qualifications, but in your section you just add that you're doing an EPQ with grade pending (so you don't find out the actual grade until results day)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (40)
18.02%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (63)
28.38%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (85)
38.29%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (29)
13.06%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.25%

Watched Threads