The Student Room Group

Hey, need help finding a university with a btec

I do btec level 3 applied science and I also do a a level in law. Further down the road I wanted to see if I can go into medicine and realised the only way would be through biomedicine and then medicine. I need help finding university’s although me teacher said ucas points matter more. Any help ?
Reply 1
Original post by tee.ford
I do btec level 3 applied science and I also do a a level in law. Further down the road I wanted to see if I can go into medicine and realised the only way would be through biomedicine and then medicine. I need help finding university’s although me teacher said ucas points matter more. Any help ?

Im applying for biomedical sciences with a foundation year due to my low predicted grades and I've seen some courses accept btec applied science like university of Westminster. It will just take u longer to get into medicine as u have to do a foundation year of biomed then 2 years of that then do a conversion if u get into top 20%. But I'm not sure if this is the best route as its time consuming and your not going to be guaranteed a spot and chances are really lowww.
Original post by tee.ford

Hi there

The University of Westminster is offering a 3 years Medical Sciences degree which also acts as a pre-clinical 'feeder' course offering graduates a guaranteed transfer directly into the third year of the Doctor of Medicine and Surgery (MD) degree at our overseas partner, the University of Malta.

Transfer to the MD programme at the University of Malta is conditional on the successful completion of the Medical Sciences BSc Honours with a minimum classification of lower second-class honours (2:2). Graduates wishing to progress must also have attended the anatomy and Medical Maltese Summer School and passed the Certificate in Medical Maltese Proficiency. Further details about Malta, the University of Malta and their MD programme can be found on the Studying Medicine at the University of Malta page.

For more information on this new course please view our website.

Entry criteria for the Medical Sciences degree is a BTEC Extended Diploma with 3 x D*s. Alternatively you we will consider a combination of BTEC and A Levels (grade A).

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending