The Student Room Group

Getting a uni offer

Is it possible to get an offer at a uni even if ur predicted grades is lower than their requirements?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by W1nst0n
Is it possible to get an offer at a uni even if ur offer is lower than their requirements?

What do you mean ur offer is lower than their requirements?
Most universities make offers to students whose predicted grades dont reach their requirements and accept students with missed grades. It does differ between universities and is usually for a grade or 2 not multiple grades. Somebody with CCC is unlikely to get an offer from a university asking AAA.
Reply 3
Original post by harrysbar
What do you mean ur offer is lower than their requirements?

I meant ur predicted grades
Reply 4
Original post by swanseajack1
Most universities make offers to students whose predicted grades dont reach their requirements and accept students with missed grades. It does differ between universities and is usually for a grade or 2 not multiple grades. Somebody with CCC is unlikely to get an offer from a university asking AAA.

So say a university is asking for a BBC and u get predicted a BCD u won’t probably get an offer would u?
Original post by W1nst0n
So say a university is asking for a BBC and u get predicted a BCD u won’t probably get an offer would u?

You might but only the university will know that. It is 2 grades lower so possibly they might accept you.

so i unfairly got CCC as my centre assessment grades, and i am sitting summer 2021 exams. i am applying to AAA universities and am predicted AAA. would universities accept me or not? :frown:
Original post by BluePurpSky
so i unfairly got CCC as my centre assessment grades, and i am sitting summer 2021 exams. i am applying to AAA universities and am predicted AAA. would universities accept me or not? :frown:

Very unlikely a university would make you an offer with that difference in grades. It is extremely hard to see why any school would get the CAG that wrong however you feel. Schools tend to over rather than under grade. There were nearly double the number of A* and A grades under CAG compared to under exams in previous years
Very unlikely a university would make you an offer with that difference in grades. It is extremely hard to see why any school would get the CAG that wrong however you feel. Schools tend to over rather than under grade. There were nearly double the number of A* and A grades under CAG compared to under exams in previous years

they had based 95% of my grade on my mocks. i was ill that week of my mocks, but my coursework + all other classwork were A + B level. i really don't want to let these CAGs affect the rest of my life as I want to go to the uni of my choice that I want. I also know i will get high grades in the summer exams.
they had based 95% of my grade on my mocks. i was ill that week of my mocks, but my coursework + all other classwork were A + B level. i really don't want to let these CAGs affect the rest of my life as I want to go to the uni of my choice that I want. I also know i will get high grades in the summer exams.

Presumably you are considering adjustment, clearing or a gap year?
Original post by ageshallnot
Presumably you are considering adjustment, clearing or a gap year?

i am on a gap year right now. re-applying in january

You would probably be better off applying when you get your results.

So get into any old uni and then trade up in Adjustment when you get the inevitable AAA

Ok, but that doesn't really answer my question.
Original post by ageshallnot
Ok, but that doesn't really answer my question.

Well, what is your question? maybe if you worded it correctly, I would have been able to answer it directly.
Well, what is your question? maybe if you worded it correctly, I would have been able to answer it directly.

I asked "Presumably you are considering adjustment, clearing or a gap year?"

You replied that you were already on a gap year. This does not preclude a second gap year. You didn't answer whether you were considering adjustment or clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest