Tips for writing a good Philosophy and Ethics Essay (A-Levels)

Watch
W1nst0n
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’ve been doing Philosophy and Ethics for more than a year at A -Levels and my highest marks within a Philosophy and Ethics essay is 28/40 I’m a bit worried as to how to write a great essay worthy of 30+ marks but I don’t know what to do.
I can write for more than 4 pages giving all the content that I know and following the essay structure but still to no avail. I’d be really happy and grateful if anyone can give me some tips as to give some tips to improve. Lastly if anyone can give a model essay with some commentary/analysis that’ll also be very helpful
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by W1nst0n)
I’ve been doing Philosophy and Ethics for more than a year at A -Levels and my highest marks within a Philosophy and Ethics essay is 28/40 I’m a bit worried as to how to write a great essay worthy of 30+ marks but I don’t know what to do.
I can write for more than 4 pages giving all the content that I know and following the essay structure but still to no avail. I’d be really happy and grateful if anyone can give me some tips as to give some tips to improve. Lastly if anyone can give a model essay with some commentary/analysis that’ll also be very helpful
I'm an examiner for OCR RS. Post one of your essays here and I'd be happy to advise as to what you could do to get more marks.
W1nst0n
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joe312)
I'm an examiner for OCR RS. Post one of your essays here and I'd be happy to advise as to what you could do to get more marks
There it is
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by W1nst0n)
There it is
It is a little hard to read cause of the lighting ! Do you happen to have a typed essay?
W1nst0n
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joe312)
It is a little hard to read cause of the lighting ! Do you happen to have a typed essay?
yh I’ll try and send that through
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Focus on the essay question. Briefly plan your essay in your head beforehand. You should always include a short introductory paragraph. Post your essay here and I can provide feedback on it for you to take on board in addition. Another tip have a summary at the end listing all used reference sources as well.
Use your class notes as brain fodder and as the basis of your essay too. Make a note of the number of marks and also pay attention to any time limits. Ensure that your arguments are trustworthy and solid. All need to be able to stand up to criticism etc. Try writing a draft beforehand to check for any spelling errors etc. Finally leave out any irrelevant facts. Good luck to you. When doing your research, stick to sensible reliable reference sources and avoid dubious ones.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (85)
18.64%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (129)
28.29%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.62%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.38%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.07%

Watched Threads