The Student Room Group

AS Chemistry help please

How would i work out how many moles of Ca(OH)2 is present in 150cm3?i have already worked out the Mr of Ca(OH)2 - which is 74 , but where do go from there?how do i find the grams amount?
Do you have the concentration of Ca(OH)2 in the solution? Is that all the information that you have?
Reply 2
Original post by Tiel2003
Do you have the concentration of Ca(OH)2 in the solution? Is that all the information that you have?

that's all the information given
Would you have to assume it’s an aqueous solution, so has a mass of 150g (1cm3 of water = 1g of water)? Then use that 150/74 to get the number of moles? But I’m not sure, sorry
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Tiel2003
Would you have to assume it’s an aqueous solution, so has a mass of 150g (1cm3 of water = 1g of water)? Then use that 150/74 to get the number of moles? But I’m not sure, sorry

They posted another thread with the full question in which it told them the concentration-just FYI :smile:
Original post by GabiAbi84
They posted another thread with the full question in which it told them the concentration-just FYI :smile:

Thanks so much I thought there was something missing! I was just pulling things out of thin air lol

Quick Reply

Latest