[Official] Gonville and Caius Applicants thread 2021

Watch
c.aux18
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi! I'm applying for English this year and I haven't seen a forum for just Caius applicants yet. I'm hoping that we can get some of us chatting on here

Edit: here are some questions to get started if you want to answer
- Which subject are you applying for?
- Why Caius?
- What have you heard from them so far?
- Where else are you applying?

Moderation Note: The sharing of off-site group chats, social media handles and phone numbers is not allowed on TSR to keep our community safe, so please do not share any personal details on the public forum. If you have any questions, please come and talk to us in Ask The Community Staff. You can find more information on staying safe on TSR here.
Last edited by 04MR17; 8 months ago
jamesmaguire03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Applying for Law here! It seems everybody with amazing stats is applying as well, competition is going to be extraordinary!
c.aux18
Rep:
?
(Original post by jamesmaguire03)
Applying for Law here! It seems everybody with amazing stats is applying as well, competition is going to be extraordinary!
Yes absolutely - have you received an interview invite yet? Seems like Law applicants are the lucky few who have heard from Caius
izzareid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi!! I'm so happy someone made this thread - I've applied for Classics but haven't heard anything yet... best of luck to everyone
c.aux18
Rep:
?
(Original post by izzareid)
Hi!! I'm so happy someone made this thread - I've applied for Classics but haven't heard anything yet... best of luck to everyone
Hi there!! I was almost going to apply for Classics so best of luck to you! Such a great subject
maxnoam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hey! Thanks for letting me know about this thread
I’m applying for English
I chose Caius because when I attended a summer school in Cambridge my mentor was studying English there, she showed us around the college and it really appealed to me. I also fell in love with the library haha.
The last I heard was when I submitted my essays, I saw on their website they’re aiming to send invitations next week so hopefully it’ll be good news!
Besides Cambridge I’ve applied to Nottingham (offer), Durham, Warwick and St Andrews
izzareid
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by maxnoam)
Hey! Thanks for letting me know about this thread
I’m applying for English
I chose Caius because when I attended a summer school in Cambridge my mentor was studying English there, she showed us around the college and it really appealed to me. I also fell in love with the library haha.
The last I heard was when I submitted my essays, I saw on their website they’re aiming to send invitations next week so hopefully it’ll be good news!
Besides Cambridge I’ve applied to Nottingham (offer), Durham, Warwick and St Andrews
I've also applied for Durham and St Andrews, and then Edinburgh and Reading (offer). I suspect we won't hear from Durham/St Andrews for a while, unfortunately...
jamesmaguire03
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by c.aux18)
Yes absolutely - have you received an interview invite yet? Seems like Law applicants are the lucky few who have heard from Caius
I have which is great, however they kind of had to given that our "at-interview assessment" is now on Tuesday! Nevertheless, we're all in the same boat.
maxnoam
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by izzareid)
I've also applied for Durham and St Andrews, and then Edinburgh and Reading (offer). I suspect we won't hear from Durham/St Andrews for a while, unfortunately...
I suspect the same, I haven’t seen many offers given out from them on here. I’m an EU applicant so it might take even longer for me. We just have to be patient
Minerva123
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi!!! I’m applying for history and politics. But haven’t heard anything yet. Good luck everyone!!
emilydancer23
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi ! I’ve applied for HSPS, and i chose Caius because it is just stunning 😍I haven’t received any correspondence yet; like the majority of people haha. Good luck everyone ! x
sinmar
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi! I'm applying for English this year and I haven't seen a forum for just Caius applicants yet. I'm hoping that we can get some of us chatting on here

- Why Caius?
I'm applying for History, and I chose Caius mainly because of its History fellows and because it felt right lol. I haven't heard anything so far! I've applied to Durham, UCL, Edinburgh and Exeter as an international, formerly EU, student.
paprika03
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago

- Why Caius?
Hi everyone, I'm applying for HSPS! I applied to Caius because I definitely think it is one of the more diverse colleges; college life appears to be very fun and a good sense of community. Have not heard from them but guess I am not the only one haha (just gonna have to wait and see). I have applied to York(offer), UCL, LSE and Bristol!
CompSciMum
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Does anyone know if Caius Computer Science interviews are all sent on the same day, or are they staggered?
c.aux18
Rep:
?
(Original post by CompSciMum)
Does anyone know if Caius Computer Science interviews are all sent on the same day, or are they staggered?
I'm sure they're being staggered so probably no need to worry, I reckon you'll get news soon!
CompSciMum
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm sure they're being staggered so probably no need to worry, I reckon you'll get news soon!
Thx. Good luck to you too 😊
c.aux18
Rep:
?
(Original post by CompSciMum)
Thx. Good luck to you too 😊
Thanks! I'm an English applicant so there's a long wait ahead ahaha
CompSciMum
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thanks! I'm an English applicant so there's a long wait ahead ahaha
🤞🏻🤞🏻 Fingers crossed
ellawhite1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Applying for medicine here!! Haven’t heard anything yet as bmat results aren’t released until Friday
tirza03
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
hi everyone!

im so glad i found this thread. i am applying for law.
good luck to anyone who has their CLT tomorrow! x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (252)
57.53%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (58)
13.24%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (47)
10.73%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (38)
8.68%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
5.48%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (19)
4.34%

Watched Threads