priyad31
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi I'm currently doing my research bit for my resources fo EPQ (which I'm starting to wish I dropped!) I have written around 8000 words for 16 sources but I have not finished, do you think I am writing enough or too much?
Jmoore12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I got my EPQ back after internal marking a few months ago and have a provisional A*.

Basically, EPQ is ********.

I wrote my EPQ right from the start and then filled in all of the other sections writing backwards. All EPQ is is demonstrating development of skills. I didn't write a crazy amount for research on sources, I filled out some basic CRAAP (google it if u need) tests and that was pretty much it.

8000 words is waaaaayyyy too much. Imagine you're an examiner reading that. Think how bored you would be. Just look at your specification and the marking levels and check you've hit that top band.

Evaluation and planning are the big mark sections, save your words for that.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Too much. Cut it down. All you need to do is demonstrate your skills.
priyad31
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jmoore12)
Hi, I got my EPQ back after internal marking a few months ago and have a provisional A*.

Basically, EPQ is ********.

I wrote my EPQ right from the start and then filled in all of the other sections writing backwards. All EPQ is is demonstrating development of skills. I didn't write a crazy amount for research on sources, I filled out some basic CRAAP (google it if u need) tests and that was pretty much it.

8000 words is waaaaayyyy too much. Imagine you're an examiner reading that. Think how bored you would be. Just look at your specification and the marking levels and check you've hit that top band.

Evaluation and planning are the big mark sections, save your words for that.
sorry for the late reply, thank you, cut it wayyyyyyy down now
priyad31
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
sorry for the late reply. Yeah I cut it much more down now I realised to was way too much

(Original post by tinygirl96)
Too much. Cut it down. All you need to do is demonstrate your skills.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.61%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (48)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (69)
40.83%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.2%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed