is there really a shortage and other things - long

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Phil And Debbie
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
I am looking for some advice.

My marriage has broken up and I have some decisions to make. I currently live in Australia and teach
here. I left the uk nine years ago after having taught for a few years.

Currently I am wondering whether to return to the UK. I heard that there are shortages for maths
teachers. I can teach all secondary levels as well as first year university. Would it be easy
for me to get a job? I don't want to go back to the uk if I am unable to get a job within about
three months.

Also as a teacher with eleven years experience, what would the salary be like? I have been maths
coordinator, staffing coordinator and VCE ( equivalent to A level) coordinator and would expect to
get a job with extra responsibilities after the first year or so.

What is the general state of education in the uk. Are teachers still the scum of the earth (i.e.
every problem in society is because the schools don't deal with it properly?

What is the status of teachers? Is it still the old adage of those who can do, those who cant teach?

I need information because I want to make an informed decision rather than an emotional one at
the moment.

Any help is welcome

Debbie
Richard Tilbe
Badges:
Report 17 years ago
Yes, yes and no.

I prefer... "those that can do, and those that teach show 'em how!"

Ric "Phil and Debbie" <[email protected] m.au> wrote in message
newsk5q8.885$l%[email protected] u...
[q1]> I am looking for some advice.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> My marriage has broken up and I have some decisions to make. I currently live in Australia and[/q1]
[q1]> teach here. I left the uk nine years ago after[/q1]
having
[q1]> taught for a few years.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Currently I am wondering whether to return to the UK. I heard that there[/q1]
are
[q1]> shortages for maths teachers. I can teach all secondary levels as well as first year university.[/q1]
[q1]> Would it be easy for me to get a job? I don't want[/q1]
to
[q1]> go back to the uk if I am unable to get a job within about three months.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Also as a teacher with eleven years experience, what would the salary be like? I have been maths[/q1]
[q1]> coordinator, staffing coordinator and VCE ( equivalent to A level) coordinator and would expect to[/q1]
[q1]> get a job with[/q1]
extra
[q1]> responsibilities after the first year or so.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> What is the general state of education in the uk. Are teachers still the scum of the earth (i.e.[/q1]
[q1]> every problem in society is because the schools don't deal with it properly?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> What is the status of teachers? Is it still the old adage of those who can do, those who[/q1]
[q1]> cant teach?[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> I need information because I want to make an informed decision rather than an emotional one at[/q1]
[q1]> the moment.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Any help is welcome[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Debbie[/q1]
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (298)
34.1%
No (576)
65.9%

Watched Threads