mikewoody1993
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Will my education and gained experience be suitable for the course.
I have gained a Undergraduate Degree in Sports Management (from University of South Wales) as well as a Masters in Sport and International Development (University of Brighton). Also studied PE at A Level, and achieved basic A-C in English, Mathematics and Science.
Following education I have worked as a Primary Schools Sports Coach in a range of local schools for the past 2.5 years - will be three come September... Hence have Level 2 qualifications in Multi Skills and Cricket, as well as a Level 1 Football, and introductory awards in Badminton and Gymnastics. Have become Head Coach at the local cricket club in a voluntary capacity for the past 3 years working with 11-15 year olds.
I'm aware some secondary school experience would be beneficial!
Any help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by mikewoody1993)
Will my education and gained experience be suitable for the course.
I have gained a Undergraduate Degree in Sports Management (from University of South Wales) as well as a Masters in Sport and International Development (University of Brighton). Also studied PE at A Level, and achieved basic A-C in English, Mathematics and Science.
Following education I have worked as a Primary Schools Sports Coach in a range of local schools for the past 2.5 years - will be three come September... Hence have Level 2 qualifications in Multi Skills and Cricket, as well as a Level 1 Football, and introductory awards in Badminton and Gymnastics. Have become Head Coach at the local cricket club in a voluntary capacity for the past 3 years working with 11-15 year olds.
I'm aware some secondary school experience would be beneficial!
Any help would be really appreciated, thanks in advance
Sounds like you've got lots of relevant experience, but as you've identified, a bit of experience in secondary would help. It would also probably be useful to look into the current GCSE spec for PE so that you're familiar with that.

You probably know this, but it can be very difficult to secure a teaching role after training as a teacher in secondary PE. It will depend somewhat on what part of the country you live in, but you may end up having to move to find a job, or spend some time doing supply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (46)
41.07%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (21)
18.75%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
5.36%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (10)
8.93%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (9)
8.04%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (8)
7.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (12)
10.71%

Watched Threads