KCL Postgraduate Applicants 2021 thread

Watch this thread
This discussion is closed.
addicted-inkling
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can't find a 2021 Postgraduate applicants thread so here goes!

Undergraduate course:
Undergraduate university:
Expected/achieved grade:
Course you're applying for:
Other universities you're applying to:

Undergraduate course: BSc Psychology
Undergraduate university: UWE Bristol
Expected/achieved grade: 1st/2.1 (sitting between the two!)
Course you're applying for: MSc Global Health/MSc Mental Health Sciences
Other universities you're applying to: UCL, QMUL, Reading, Royal Holloway
hadeeeeeel
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Undergraduate course: BA in Social Sciences, concentrations in psychology & behavioral science
Undergraduate university: mid university in usa
Achieved: 1st
Course: MSc global mental health
Other universities: UCL, Oxford so far
unanimousacronym
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by addicted-inkling)
Can't find a 2021 Postgraduate applicants thread so here goes!

Undergraduate course:
Undergraduate university:
Expected/achieved grade:
Course you're applying for:
Other universities you're applying to:

Undergraduate university: UWE Bristol
Expected/achieved grade: 1st/2.1 (sitting between the two!)
Course you're applying for: MSc Global Health/MSc Mental Health Sciences
Other universities you're applying to: UCL, QMUL, Reading, Royal Holloway
Undergraduate course: B.A. in Economics, politics and sociology
Undergraduate university: One in india
Expected/achieved grade: First Class
Course you're applying for: Msc. International Public Policy
Other universities you're applying to: LSE, SOAS, KCL
hadeeeeeel
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by unanimousacronym)
Have you heard from them yet?
FiveSierra
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Fellow Public Policy applicant here. I have a question about the personal statement requirement: do you know if the 4000 character limit also applies to the attachment?

The website says the personal statement "can be entered directly into the online application form (maximum 4,000 characters) or uploaded as an attachment to the online application form (maximum 2 pages)."
riddhi.l
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FiveSierra)
Fellow Public Policy applicant here. I have a question about the personal statement requirement: do you know if the 4000 character limit also applies to the attachment?

The website says the personal statement "can be entered directly into the online application form (maximum 4,000 characters) or uploaded as an attachment to the online application form (maximum 2 pages)."
I applied for the psych programme, and I was told if we’re putting it in the box provided, then 3000 characters, but if it’s as an attachment, then not more than 2 pages
hadeeeeeel
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by riddhi.l)
I applied for the psych programme, and I was told if we’re putting it in the box provided, then 3000 characters, but if it’s as an attachment, then not more than 2 pages
What program?
riddhi.l
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hadeeeeeel)
What program?
Developmental Psychology and Psychopathology
FiveSierra
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by riddhi.l)
Thanks! I might need to attach then.
unanimousacronym
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Have you heard from them yet?
Hey. I'm sorry. My course mentioned here is wrong since I wrote this in the wrong thread 😂 For Kings, I applied to Msc. Global Affairs and no, I haven't heard from them yet. Have you?
unanimousacronym
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FiveSierra)

Hey! No, it does not apply if you're attaching your personal statement as a separate document. The 4000 character limit only applies if you're typing it in the text box provided. However, do make sure the document does not exceed 2 pages if you're uploading it separately.
hadeeeeeel
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hey. I'm sorry. My course mentioned here is wrong since I wrote this in the wrong thread 😂 For Kings, I applied to Msc. Global Affairs and no, I haven't heard from them yet. Have you?
they told me they’ve sent my application to the department, but that’s all as of now lol. When have you applied?
unanimousacronym
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
they told me they’ve sent my application to the department, but that’s all as of now lol. When have you applied?
I applied on the 5th November. On the same day, they said the application can now be forwarded to the admissions staff. That's the last I've heard of them.
JennaPepworth
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Undergraduate university: University of Bristol
Expected/achieved grade: 2:1
Course you're applying for: MSc Developmental Psychology & Psychopathology (offer received)
Other universities you're applying to: UCL, Nottingham and York.
unanimousacronym
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JennaPepworth)
Course you're applying for: MSc Developmental Psychology & Psychopathology (offer received)
That's great! Congratulations!
hadeeeeeel
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by JennaPepworth)
When did you apply/get your offer?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Undergraduate course: BA Psychology
Undergraduate university: University in India
Expected/achieved grade: 9.9/10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I applied for MSc Emerging Economies and International Development around a month ago but haven't heard anything from them since then. Anyone else?
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Congratulations on your offer! Did you hear from them in between applying and receiving the offer?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Undergraduate course: BA History and Politics
Undergraduate university: Sussex
Expected/achieved grade: First
Course you're applying for: MA International Relations
Other universities you're applying to: LSE MSc International Relations; MSc Global Politics
X
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads