The Student Room Group

clingy girl after one night stand

There is this bbw that i had a one night stand with during midweek.

It was mentioned before hand this is a no string attached but she started texting me afterwards, she texted me greeting me good morning and asking me what i had for lunch, asking me if i want her to cook for me, now she is asking me if we can meet up again next week.

The thing is the sex was pretty awkward. I couldn't untie her bra, i couldnt find the hole, poked the wrong hole, poked the right hole but wont go in and sprain my **** instead, and she cant help because her hand is too short, its a disaster and super anti climax. i dont want to do it with her again. I only hook up with her due to the covid situation making me difficult to meet other girls.

What would be a polite way to cut her off with no drama?
Nice to know that you observe Covid 19 restrictions. Nothing you can do, now you have formed a Covid support bubble with her. Haha!!!
Thanks for including all of the gory details.
What a delight of a person you seem to be.
You have successfully demonstrated one of the reasons why promiscuity and sex outside of the confines of a relationship are bad - it is an emotional experience and not just a hormonal or physical one, and thus you have bonded whether you like it or not, and whether you agreed or not. Man up and accept the responsibility that comes along with, whether thats being her emotional support, or whether that's marrying her and looking after the kid you made (if you end up getting her pregnant).
you have a good imagination

A* for creative writing

should create a fanfiction account on AO3
Reply 6
Original post by Zamestaneh
You have successfully demonstrated one of the reasons why promiscuity and sex outside of the confines of a relationship are bad - it is an emotional experience and not just a hormonal or physical one, and thus you have bonded whether you like it or not, and whether you agreed or not. Man up and accept the responsibility that comes along with, whether thats being her emotional support, or whether that's marrying her and looking after the kid you made (if you end up getting her pregnant).

dude what the hell..
Original post by Anonymous
dude what the hell..

May seem extreme to you but you were raised in an environment and a society which does not encourage or reward thinking about the individual or societal consequences of your liberty. You will slowly realise that being free to sleep around has knock on effects which destroy society, and you are experiencing one of them on a personal level right now - someone has formed an emotional attachment to you, and once you break that attachment, you damage that person's emotional wellbeing and affect their mental health. Taking this microsexample onto a macro level, there are hundreds of thousands of people out there going through depression due to unrequited love, the need for validation, a lack of emotional support, and more, and this has knock on affects to the people around them and anyone else they try to get with in future. This is not to mention all of the broken homes that come as a result, or the single parents from unplanned kids, or the over hundred thousand babies terminated every year just because people couldn't keep it in their pants.
There is so much more to this than you have probably ever thought about or I've even mentioned right here so you are thinking WTF why is this guy ranting, but you have to understand that you are a small cog in a bigger problem, and you should think about what you do - like one could say "I'm just a single Nazi in all of Nazi Germany, what's the worst that could happen?", but look where that got them. Stop. Think. Put it away. Get married.
Original post by stereotypeasian
you have a good imagination

A* for creative writing

should create a fanfiction account on AO3

I specifically like the completely unbelievable fact that he is terrible at sex and yet she still wants to be with him again!! 😹 no thank you sir!
Reply 9
Original post by GabiAbi84
I specifically like the completely unbelievable fact that he is terrible at sex and yet she still wants to be with him again!! 😹 no thank you sir!

yeah why dont you explain that to her. would be a great favour for me.
yeah why dont you explain that to her. would be a great favour for me.

If she existed I would.
Well actually I wouldn’t cause this is all your own fault for not being able to keep your tiny peepee in your pants
Attachment not found
Reply 12
There is this bbw that i had a one night stand with during midweek.

It was mentioned before hand this is a no string attached but she started texting me afterwards, she texted me greeting me good morning and asking me what i had for lunch, asking me if i want her to cook for me, now she is asking me if we can meet up again next week.

The thing is the sex was pretty awkward. I couldn't untie her bra, i couldnt find the hole, poked the wrong hole, poked the right hole but wont go in and sprain my **** instead, and she cant help because her hand is too short, its a disaster and super anti climax. i dont want to do it with her again. I only hook up with her due to the covid situation making me difficult to meet other girls.

What would be a polite way to cut her off with no drama?

Goodness the attention to detail lol
Text her back that you want to get married asap and move in with your mother; you knew at first sight that the two of you were soulmates destined to have at least six children and be together forever.
This should guarantee that she will block you on everything and never contact you again.
Reply 14
Da fuq did I just read
Original post by Zamestaneh
May seem extreme to you but you were raised in an environment and a society which does not encourage or reward thinking about the individual or societal consequences of your liberty. You will slowly realise that being free to sleep around has knock on effects which destroy society, and you are experiencing one of them on a personal level right now - someone has formed an emotional attachment to you, and once you break that attachment, you damage that person's emotional wellbeing and affect their mental health. Taking this microsexample onto a macro level, there are hundreds of thousands of people out there going through depression due to unrequited love, the need for validation, a lack of emotional support, and more, and this has knock on affects to the people around them and anyone else they try to get with in future. This is not to mention all of the broken homes that come as a result, or the single parents from unplanned kids, or the over hundred thousand babies terminated every year just because people couldn't keep it in their pants.
There is so much more to this than you have probably ever thought about or I've even mentioned right here so you are thinking WTF why is this guy ranting, but you have to understand that you are a small cog in a bigger problem, and you should think about what you do - like one could say "I'm just a single Nazi in all of Nazi Germany, what's the worst that could happen?", but look where that got them. Stop. Think. Put it away. Get married.

Are you saying that people should settle down for life as soon as they make any kind of romantic connection, and this should become a culturally enforced norm? Imagine only being able to connect with one individual ever in such a way. So much of the richness of human interaction would be lost, and people would increasingly stay in relationships that were emotionally unfulfilling, damaging or even abusive. Because of this, dating would become a high-stakes game, selectivity would increase accordingly and many people would live and die alone.

The social degradation of society is actually a proven consequence of high living costs, long work hours, diminished spare time and the social atomisation that comes from that. It is becoming increasingly difficult to connect in-person, and people are becoming unhappy and cynical because they donate their waking hours to a company that controls the job they hate and pays them just enough money to keep on top of living costs. Communities can no longer look after each other because every individual member is too busy trying to keep afloat.

Fix the economic system, and people get the opportunity to live human and rewarding lives. Their emotional health improves and their capacity to deal healthily with relationships increases. Social isolation decreases, so the consequences of experiencing a breakup are buffered, and there is a greater chance of being able to find a new person to connect with.

You advocate for culturally enforced monogamy, an academically discredited system advocated for by incels and Christian traditionalists.
(edited 3 years ago)
The person never said anything about it being ENFORCED on an individual. They were simply presenting their belief and everyone is entitled to have their own convictions in a free society. The person who started the discussion and asked for advice can take it or leave it. Multiple scientific studies have proven having multiple sexual partners is actually terrible for individuals and makes them prone to high anxiety levels; depression and even substance abuses later down the line. Also you mention ideas of "richness of human interaction", there are multiple ways of achieving a fulfilling human relationship without having sexual relations so to say that's essential is untrue. Moreover with the statement ''people would increasingly stay in relationships that were emotionally unfulfilling, damaging or even abusive'' -- this entire statement is an assumption - on the other hand if people decide to have monogamous relationships they rather get to form deeper connections with one individual rather than keep on searching for this perfect individual that they probably will never find. The whole purpose of a monogamous marital relationship is one grows together -- improves on their faults-- and become better people together rather than this continuous search for the fictional ideal partner that does not exist.
With your point on better economy -yes a better economy makes everyone's life easier, but to say that is the way to fix everyone's lack of happiness is rather naïve--- on the other hand if one has a successful family life -- there chance of being happy even in the most adverse economic conditions is higher-- so putting more time into that would be more productive. Moreover; there's not really much you can do to "fix the economy"-- there will always be ups and downs --you cannot keep it constant.
Also, to suggest social isolation decreases in economic prosperity is absolutely false e.g. case study Tokyo -- Japan's economically booming city where social isolation is all time high.
With your quote ''culturally enforced monogamy, an academically discredited system'' -- culturally enforced monogamy MIGHT (not really sure if there are actual studies done on it) be false; but i can be rather confident and say monogamy and the impact of that on individuals is far better than any polygamous relationships-- actual scientific studies have proven this.
Also to say ''culturally enforced monogamy'' is advocated by Christian traditionalists -- sounds offensive esp as a Christian, 1st of all we believe in freewill and it's up to the individual to make whatever decisions they want in their life (as long as it doesn't harm others). For example, I can speak up and voice my opinions on the benefits and the importance of monogamy but I am not going to FORCE anyone to follow it. Generalisation of such a vast group of people is not right.
There's a lot of very prudish 1800s responses here.
Casual sex is very common and while not always healthy, many people have done it at least once and been absolutely fine (or they had a terrible experience, but eventually moved on).

My advice would be not to string her along for any longer. In one way or another, make it clear that you aren't interested in her or pursuing this any further, but don't be rude. She seems like she could do with being let down gently, so I would recommend sending her a polite text saying something like "hey, you seem cool but I wasn't really looking for anything long-term after the other night. Sorry if it seemed like otherwise".
Be definitive, not vague, but do not be rude to her.

Controversially, I don't think ghosting is the worst thing to do in this specific case - if she knew it would be no-strings-attached before the fact. It's far meaner to keep the conversation going knowing that you aren't interested. Good luck
I mean they weren't dating and was just a one night thing that was agreed upon.

Latest

Trending

Trending