Mental Health Support Society XXI

Watch
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Bumped into an old friend from school, i didnt know i needed this conversation but honestly it made me feel a lot better. I've been so down with work and everything and just feeling stressed and tired.
We had a catch up, not in a competitive way or anything just genuine excitement to see one another. I've yet to tell anyone else inrl outside of my family what i actually do and although i am knackered and have a banging headache it did feel quite cool to say i work on jet suits.
I said i want to eventually work my way into the design side and she said within a year or two i'll be flying (not literally - i'll leave the pilots to do that, i've felt the weight of those suits ) which was really nice and reassuring to hear.
PandaWho
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Finally organised a pre payment certificate for my meds as i should hopefully pick my new meds up tomorrow, and i get my mirtaz plus my inhaler every so often so works out cheaper now.

Had a really good day at work today but im so exhausted now. Need to get up and hang my washing out to dry but that feels like a mamoth task...
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Awesome, we have a new thread!
Hope everyone is doing okay. Life’s kinda chaotic for me atm. So I am fully taking Dory’s advice: “just keep swimming”
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pathway)
Just a rant I guess.

Spoiler:
Show
called up my CMHT yesterday because things are actually really, acutely bad in basically every dimension at this point. I am struggling a lot. Wish they would understand this and do something to help me.
:console:

Sorry to hear you aren't getting the support you deserve
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
Bumped into an old friend from school, i didnt know i needed this conversation but honestly it made me feel a lot better. I've been so down with work and everything and just feeling stressed and tired.
We had a catch up, not in a competitive way or anything just genuine excitement to see one another. I've yet to tell anyone else inrl outside of my family what i actually do and although i am knackered and have a banging headache it did feel quite cool to say i work on jet suits.
I said i want to eventually work my way into the design side and she said within a year or two i'll be flying (not literally - i'll leave the pilots to do that, i've felt the weight of those suits ) which was really nice and reassuring to hear.
These meetings with people we haven't seeen for ages are particularly special at the moment - I think working is always tough when you go out in the dark and get back home in the dark :hugs:
PandaWho
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Picked up my new meds but really scared to start them
PandaWho
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So my new meds have a pretty serious side effect that the psych and dr have warned me about and made sure i fully understood before starting it.
Iv took one tonight and now convinced myself im getting that side effect :facepalm: if i didnt know about it or it wasnt pushed on me then id be fine right now
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Quiet in here today :ninja: Sending hugs and strength to anyone who needs it :grouphugs: Hugs also to those affected by seasonal weather, or for whom the prospect of Christmas feels quite bleak

I had a right palaver with my care this week. Sat on the NHS waiting list for further therapy for nearly a year, had the assessment with the psychologist, who decided I didn't need more therapy. (Which is fair enough - I'm disappointed but I see/understand/accept her logic.) Turns out the psychologist then went and wrote to my team saying I seem really normal and that I shouldn't have been allocated a CPN and should be taken off my CPA :mad: What a *****! :security: So I had to kick up a fuss (as did my nurse) for things to stay as they were (CPA, involving a CPN) :mob:

So yeah, all end alright for me in the end, but it was scary. So extra-special hugs to those who are struggling to get the support they need from loved ones, mental health charities, or the NHS :grouphugs:
PandaWho
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Quiet in here today :ninja: Sending hugs and strength to anyone who needs it :grouphugs: Hugs also to those affected by seasonal weather, or for whom the prospect of Christmas feels quite bleak

I had a right palaver with my care this week. Sat on the NHS waiting list for further therapy for nearly a year, had the assessment with the psychologist, who decided I didn't need more therapy. (Which is fair enough - I'm disappointed but I see/understand/accept her logic.) Turns out the psychologist then went and wrote to my team saying I seem really normal and that I shouldn't have been allocated a CPN and should be taken off my CPA :mad: What a *****! :security: So I had to kick up a fuss (as did my nurse) for things to stay as they were (CPA, involving a CPN) :mob:

So yeah, all end alright for me in the end, but it was scary. So extra-special hugs to those who are struggling to get the support they need from loved ones, mental health charities, or the NHS :grouphugs:
How can she decide that after one time of meeting you? And surely a psychiatrist overules a psychologist?

But so glad its all been sorted :hugs:
Muttley79
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

:hugs:
That's awful - so glad you got it sorted
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by PandaWho)
How can she decide that after one time of meeting you? And surely a psychiatrist overules a psychologist?

But so glad its all been sorted :hugs:
That first bit is exactly what I said to nurse, who agreed. Nurse seemed pretty pissed off that she was being told what to do by someone who'd only met me once. Yeah, I guess psychiatrist would overrule psychologist opinion anyway

Hope you're holding up OK with the new meds? :hugs:
(Original post by Muttley79)
That's awful - so glad you got it sorted
Thank you
PandaWho
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Thank you
Atleast the people that know you agreed with you and have basically ignored the psycologist :yep:

Im just hoping it helps, apparently the one im on helps with the depressive side so that added with the AD should HOPEFULLY mean i dont get depressive episodes but im hoping it also means i keep the hypos
Pathway
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Sorry I've been fairly quiet as of late. Things are just bad I guess and I don't have the energy to really support people anymore. I do hope you are all OK and if I don't reply to your quotes, it's nothing personal. I'm just not myself at the moment and very minor things are overwhelming me more than I care to admit, which of course means other things are worse.

Anyway, do take care. Just a small check in.
Phoenixfeather99
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Sorry I've been fairly quiet as of late. Things are just bad I guess and I don't have the energy to really support people anymore. I do hope you are all OK and if I don't reply to your quotes, it's nothing personal. I'm just not myself at the moment and very minor things are overwhelming me more than I care to admit, which of course means other things are worse.

Sending hugs :hugs:
PandaWho
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
You know you look rough when the owner of the chineese takeaway asks if your tired :facepalm:

Felt like **** all day as had a bad headache, ended up napping, took strong pain killers and had food and its still there in the background.
Yeyy for side effects :woo:
Synergy~
Rep:
Report 1 year ago

I am so sorry to hear that. I really do hope things get better for you. I know these niceties and platitudes do not change much, but I do mean it when I say that you strike me as someone that is stronger than they know and that you are worthy of happiness.
Do not feel the need to reply to this, trust me I know what you mean with being overwhelmed and not able to reply to messages. Take care x
Synergy~
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
want to get this off my chest quickly:

Spoiler:
Show
Feeling really lost and hopeless. Nothing excites me, and I have no energy.

Every day just feels like an obligation. Just wish I was different.

The only person that can change things is me, but can't do that when I barely have the energy to function like a normal human lol. will just need to remind myself to hold on tight. A **** phase of life does not mean a **** forever.
Last edited by Synergy~; 1 year ago
PandaWho
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Gone really low

Spoiler for food
Spoiler:
Show
at my mums and all i can think about is going home and just binging. I feel so ****
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
Tw eating disorder
Spoiler:
Show
my head is telling me l am so big at the moment. I’ve noticed myself spending too much time looking at recipes that I will never make and it’s so scary. I’ve got blood tests this week and need to get the courage to ring the ED service but I’m so worried they’ll say I’m not underweight enough for help despite knowing I meet the criteria for AN because they are so overwhelmed at the minute. I’ve got friends and family who are helping as much as they can but I know that if I’m going to keep myself ok I’m going to have to get some form of help even though the whole refeeding process is so scary and I really don’t know if I want to go through it all over again. My course is going ok though - nearly Christmas now which is good as I can enjoy a break . Who knew it would all be so addictively interesting!
Sammylou40
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Synergy~)
want to get this off my chest quickly:

Spoiler:
Show
Feeling really lost and hopeless. Nothing excites me, and I have no energy.

Every day just feels like an obligation. Just wish I was different.

The only person that can change things is me, but can't do that when I barely have the energy to function like a normal human lol. will just need to remind myself to hold on tight. A **** phase of life does not mean a **** forever.
If you need to talk pm me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads