Mental Health Support Society XXI

Watch
BurstingBubbles
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
argh sorry, I messed up the spoiler tagging and now can't edit my post! I'm so sorry - the trigger warnings for the above post are eating disorders, food, disorder eating, weight, etc
Edited for you sorry it means I don't think you can be quoted for that post now but at least this one can be
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
Tw eating disorder
Spoiler:
Show
body image is through the floor today. I keep trying to tell myself it’s only my perception but it’s hard. I’m really bloated which isn’t helping but I’m not eating a refeeding/maintenance amount so I didn’t even know I could get so bloated
Pathway
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
Grief/suicide stuff TW

Spoiler:
Show
I'm really finding it hard to cope with the death anniversaries this year, I know it's because I'm actually having to work through things rather than not really deal with it at all. Still doesn't get any easier. Keep having weird images of what I suppose Am would've looked like when her partner found her dead. It's quite disturbing.

Keep wondering what she was thinking about before she did it. Like did she think of her kid at all?? I just find it so stressful. Like how could a parent do that?

ED and vomit TW

Spoiler:
Show
so things are not great in this area either, keep blocking toilets with puke. Not even on purpose. My brain says I should join in to take back control - right, because that makes sense doesn't it brain? Make myself more ill and for what? My local cardiologist knows that I'm struggling and that it's setting off my heart stuff, he said he will speak with my tertiary care cardiologist about it. This GI referral is taking forever too sigh.

My mum's a bit stressed about me keeping my weight stable and making sure I keep my electrolytes etc up, I feel bad. Wish she didn't have to deal with me or my ****ery. I'm horrible.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Pathway)
Grief/suicide stuff TW

Spoiler:
Show
I'm really finding it hard to cope with the death anniversaries this year, I know it's because I'm actually having to work through things rather than not really deal with it at all. Still doesn't get any easier. Keep having weird images of what I suppose Am would've looked like when her partner found her dead. It's quite disturbing.

Keep wondering what she was thinking about before she did it. Like did she think of her kid at all?? I just find it so stressful. Like how could a parent do that?

ED and vomit TW

Spoiler:
Show
so things are not great in this area either, keep blocking toilets with puke. Not even on purpose. My brain says I should join in to take back control - right, because that makes sense doesn't it brain? Make myself more ill and for what? My local cardiologist knows that I'm struggling and that it's setting off my heart stuff, he said he will speak with my tertiary care cardiologist about it. This GI referral is taking forever too sigh.

My mum's a bit stressed about me keeping my weight stable and making sure I keep my electrolytes etc up, I feel bad. Wish she didn't have to deal with me or my ****ery. I'm horrible.
Sorry to hear it’s difficult. Sorry about your mum too
PandaWho
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Gets to this time on a friday night where i dread work tomorrow, not because i hate my job, but because all i want to do is have a lie in and laze around all morning.

Saturdays are my last day at work before my "weekend" but my longest day of the week and its a killer. I get up between 8am and 8.30 to get to work for 10, do my shift then go straight to my mums and help look after the boys and dont get home till about 10.30 at night. So im out of the house for not far off 14 hours :yawn:
Just wanna curl up and not have to deal with a saturday
Scott_Maslen_Fan
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hi guys,

Looking for a bit of advice. I have a Facebook account and saw a girl I went to school with in my friend suggestions so I sent her a request, but then I got anxious about what she'd think so I deleted it, then I got the courage up to send it again, and then the anxiousness hit so I deleted it for the 2nd time

I'm sure she will think I'm a weirdo and afraid use will tell other mutuals. Would you say to send a message to her explain? The reason I sent & deleted numerous times is I suffer from social/generalised anxiety
Pathway
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I'm getting progressively more anxious in the run up to Christmas. Also, getting stressed out because of my next psychiatrist appointment. Just don't really want to deal with any of it.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I'm getting progressively more anxious in the run up to Christmas. Also, getting stressed out because of my next psychiatrist appointment. Just don't really want to deal with any of it.
Am mostly online if you need an ear :penguinhug:
Pathway
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Am mostly online if you need an ear :penguinhug:
Have already talked your ear off though. thank you.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Have already talked your ear off though. thank you.
You haven't and even if you had, tiz what friends are for :hugs:
CoolCavy
Rep:
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
I think ive bitten off a bit more than i could chew with Christmas cards this year :hide: i feel like when you can draw you are kind of compelled to make everyone a card and now im in work thats like 25 people
I feel bad for not doing one for MHSS secret santa but it came with a lovely card anyway

:hugs:
Darya.
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
The one time I properly open up to my best friend and start with "don't tell D but..." of course she has to go and tell D everything, causing D to be mad at me.
Sabertooth
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
25,000 posts. I don't know whether to smile or be embarrassed.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
Tw eating disorder
Spoiler:
Show
I’m finding it so hard to sleep and am so tired at the minute which doesn’t really reassure me. AN won’t just leave me alone and I keep noticing the fact that my body exists which keeps then weirding me out as it feels too big and there hasn’t been a day in a long time that my body image has been manageable . In many ways food is all consuming again even though the variety of what I eat is definitely better than in the past even if it isn’t enough and I know that I’ve got into some bad habits. I feel so guilty though as everything seems bad and every time I manage to eat I just get stuck in negative thoughts about how unnecessary it was and how huge it will make me and why I’m not good enough. I need to ring the eating disorder service before Christmas but I’m so scared they’ll just say I’m fine.
PandaWho
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
No wonder im constantly shattered after a nights sleep!!

I bought myself a smart watch, and wore it last night so it tracled my sleep... In 9 hours and 8 minuets of sleep i only had 1 hour 16 minuets of restful sleep...
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Hope everyone's okay :hugs: so awful at remembering to check TSR these days
Darya.
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
hope everyone's doing okay :jumphug:
PandaWho
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
I know this is pretty niche but has anyone ever gone interrailing or similar??
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
I rang the ed service after putting it off for a couple of weeks with so many what ifs and not feeling deserving enough. They were the nicest receptionist ever (makes a change) but they had not actually seen where the referral was or seen it at all and the person meant to look over them was on leave so I now have to wait indefinitely for a phone call.
Anonymous #3
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by PandaWho)
I know this is pretty niche but has anyone ever gone interrailing or similar??
Haven’t been personally, would have done this summer if corona hadn’t happened
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (18)
8.29%
Okay (64)
29.49%
A bit lacking (81)
37.33%
Not good at all (54)
24.88%

Watched Threads