The Student Room Group

Helpppp ucas!!1

I am really struggling to fill in my UCAS application as my teachers/tutors are not helping me whatsoever. Im stuck on the education bit. Ive added my GCSES but i need to add the BTECS which i am studying. I am studying Applied Science and Engineering (both with Pearson) and Cambridge technical ICT with OCR. I really want to send it off to UCAS.

Im studying the national extended certificate level 3. but when i add it in sys you need to go back and click on 'QCF'. I am studying BTEC national form 2016 to present so i have chosen that rather than QCF. Can anyone help me please??????
Reply 1
Original post by Ky64
So you want to know how to add it? Are you in college/sixth form for the past two years or have you been there longer

ive been at the same school for 7 years. 5 year from 7-11 and im at the same school for sixth form
I'm not sure if this will work, but click on add and then search you qualifications. So Search BTEC
Reply 3
Original post by ItsStarLordMan
I'm not sure if this will work, but click on add and then search you qualifications. So Search BTEC

ive done that, i got told by one of my friends to put QCF but that qualfication is form 2010. so i put in btec nationals and it came up with 2016- present and that is what i am studying but is that right?????
Original post by zapper315
ive done that, i got told by one of my friends to put QCF but that qualfication is form 2010. so i put in btec nationals and it came up with 2016- present and that is what i am studying but is that right?????

Yeah that's right. So then you just click on that and add the subject, exam board, etc
Reply 5
Original post by Ky64
QFC replaced the old Btec NQF

so do i choose that????
Reply 6
Original post by Ky64
Choose QFC or btec(QFC) then it will ask the board and subject and fill them in

so im not choosing 'Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Cert (360) (First teaching Sept 2016)' ????
Reply 7
Original post by Ky64
If you’re studying that then choose that if not it’s most likely the other option

right ok, and what do i put for the BTEC registration number as ive received two. one form engineering and one form applied science
Reply 8
Original post by Ky64
You’ll need to do one for engineering then repeat and do a separate one for science

theres only one option tho? you either put one in you cnat put two, it just says add your most recent one? idk wtf that means
theres only one option tho? you either put one in you cnat put two, it just says add your most recent one? idk wtf that means

put in engineering and then at the bottom, click the button that says save and add similar and then change that to science and the correct exam board
Reply 10
put in engineering and then at the bottom, click the button that says save and add similar and then change that to science and the correct exam board

but if i was to put in qcf. i am predicted three distinctions and ive juts looked at the pearson webiste and it says that one distinction is worth 24 ucas points. but i am studying btec nationals and ik that one distinction is equal to 48 ucas points so wtf do i do
but if i was to put in qcf. i am predicted three distinctions and ive juts looked at the pearson webiste and it says that one distinction is worth 24 ucas points. but i am studying btec nationals and ik that one distinction is equal to 48 ucas points so wtf do i do

cqf can't be right then bc that's only half
Reply 12
cqf can't be right then bc that's only half

exactly so do i put in Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Cert (360) (First teaching Sept 2016)? coz that one disticntion is worth 48
exactly so do i put in Pearson BTEC Level 3 National Extended Cert (360) (First teaching Sept 2016)? coz that one disticntion is worth 48

Yeah. That's what I said before :lol: do that one

Quick Reply