Best access to higher education course for social work.

Watch
Emay12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I’ve been looking at a number of online/distant learning courses for an access to higher education course and have found none that accept advanced learner loan until now. I’ve finally found an online learning college that will accept the loan but don’t currently have a social work access diploma.

They do however offer -

Education & Social Science
Health Professions ( which I’m thinking is probably geared more towards nursing )
Humanities & Careers in Education
Psychology and criminology social science
Social Science & Humanities
Sociology & Criminology

Which all I’m thinking are suitable (some more so than others) however which if anyone has taken any of these which one would give me the best shot of going on to study social work.

Been looking at the university of Brighton, University of Sussex and University of Chichester all for social work.

I have also emailed all the admissions for these university to seek advice. Just seeking some advice from you guys too. Thank you.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Good luck
Phene82
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Emay12345)
Hi, I’ve been looking at a number of online/distant learning courses for an access to higher education course and have found none that accept advanced learner loan until now. I’ve finally found an online learning college that will accept the loan but don’t currently have a social work access diploma.

They do however offer -

Health Professions ( which I’m thinking is probably geared more towards nursing )
Sociology & Criminology

Which all I’m thinking are suitable (some more so than others) however which if anyone has taken any of these which one would give me the best shot of going on to study social work.

Been looking at the university of Brighton, University of Sussex and University of Chichester all for social work.

I have also emailed all the admissions for these university to seek advice. Just seeking some advice from you guys too. Thank you.
I've just been scrolling through posts on here and you are literally in the exact same position as myself I cant commit to "going" to college to study an Access course though I have looked at Social Science Access courses and these offer a good transition to Social Work Degree. What's the name of the college and can you start at any time?
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

They do however offer -

Sociology & Criminology

Hi!

I study criminology with criminal justice at the University of Portsmouth.
Social work has come up plenty of times when we talk about future careers, as the course are really helpful at finding the right career for you and introducing you to some that you might never have heard of.
I think it would depend on what social work you're interested in, as at Portsmouth there is also a youth studies course. I know from friends who study the course say they look at social work a lot.
It's worth speaking to a careers advisor and checking out the requirements to become a social worker.

I hope this helps and good luck!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
University of Chichester
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

They do however offer -

Sociology & Criminology

Hi Emay12345,

We are more than happy to help you if you have any questions or put you in contact with a current Social Work student and/or Social Work lecturer
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed