juliasiwicka
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
for people living in london - what are the safe and nice areas and what are the ones to avoid? especially when choosing accommodation
Moana92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mayfair, Belgravia and Kensington are said to be very nice
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by juliasiwicka)
for people living in london - what are the safe and nice areas and what are the ones to avoid? especially when choosing accommodation
Pretty much always, if its safe and nice you can't afford it.

We need more detail about which areas you are considering
juliasiwicka
Rep:
?
well i mean I've got basically waterloo and city of london to choose from
Noodlzzz
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depend which uni really, London is a big ass place, it will be nice to live near enough to your uni
Mesopotamian.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Chelsea, Richmond, Wimbledon
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is a super difficult question to answer without knowing a little more about your budget and preferred general location - London is very expensive and of the 32 boroughs there are many 'nicer' parts
juliasiwicka
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elizabeth II)
This is a super difficult question to answer without knowing a little more about your budget and preferred general location - London is very expensive and of the 32 boroughs there are many 'nicer' parts
well id like to be in the safe area thats for sure but since idk where that is that's also in question. close of kings or city university. heard that west area is nice. theres not really a budget since im choosing uni accommodation so im sure ill find smt suitable
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by juliasiwicka)
well id like to be in the safe area thats for sure but since idk where that is that's also in question. close of kings or city university. heard that west area is nice. theres not really a budget since im choosing uni accommodation so im sure ill find smt suitable
No budget? If there's no budget to worry about - definitely consider City (very quiet at all times), anywhere west of KCL for quite a while is lovely (i.e. Mayfair, Knightsbridge, Marylebone, Chelsea, Westminster, Kensington, Fitzrovia, Belgravia - all extremely expensive though, is budget really not a problem??). If you're willing to commute ~30 minutes then lots of options open up to you including Hampstead, etc..
AndyChow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look at the general election map, the areas that voted red are generally less nice than those voted blue/orange. The bigger the red majority, the worse.
https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/wh...-election/2019

Crime rate map in comparison
https://www.plumplot.co.uk/London-vi...tatistics.html
https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/...A-V3.jpg?w=960

Not getting into politics, but the Pearson correlation coefficient is so significant it's beyond reasonable doubt
Last edited by AndyChow; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What is your budget? :confused:
Will you be walking to uni or requiring car parking?

I've lived all over London during the last seven years; houseshares, flats and bedsits.
Best areas are Chelsea, Ealing, Hampstead, Kew, Mayfair, South Kensington and Wimbledon Chase.
The very worst areas are Brent, Croydon, Hackney, Lambeth, Shadwell, Shepherd's Bush, Southwark and Roehampton.
accommodationforstudents.com
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello,
We have many different suggestions on our website for student accommodation available in London. These include private halls of residences, houses through letting agents, flats and studios. They are situated all over London so you will be able to find one nearby to your university. Our website is: https://www.accommodationforstudents.com
Hope this helps!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads