The Student Room Group

How hard is it to get in Sciences Po with a

Hello guys! I have an undergraduate degree in Modern Languages for International Communication, and I would love to apply for the MA in International Development/Human Right and Humanitarian Action or International Governance and Diplomacy (haven't decided yet) at Sciences Po. Of course my BA has nothing to do with those MAs. However, I realized that I don't want to work with languages in my professional career. That's why I'm looking for advice. I have a lot of extracurricular volunteer experiences in NGOs but I don't know of they will benefit my application. BTW, in January 2021 I will start a volunteer program with the ESC (European Solidarity Corps) in Prague for 1 year in a local NGO. Also during my academic career I did 3 exchange programs (two in the US and one in Spain), where I had the opportunity to volunteer for a month in a NGO as a teaching assistant. Also, I volunteered online for a Guatemalan NGO for which I captioned 10 videos from English to Spanish. The collaboration is still on going. Plus I speak 5 languages, among which 3 fluently, and I have an intermediate level of the other two. So here's my question: do you think they will accept a person that didn't study political science in her BA but who has a strong professional background in the field?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending