Predicted lower than what I achieved in my mocks

Watch
Goldengirl2002
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone
I got my predicted grades today and they were horrible. I take the IB and in my Higher level subjects I got predicted 555 which is lower than what I got in my mocks. In my mocks I was able to get 664 in biology, history and chemistry respectively. For the universities I want to apply to I need to be predicted at least 655 in my HLs . However when I asked my teachers they Bluntly refused. I don’t know what to do anymore.
14hasm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm really sorry to hear this. I think the best way is to try and talk to your teachers again and try to get a clearer picture as to why they predicted you these grades. If this doesn't work, perhaps speak to your parents and ask them if they can arrange a meeting with your teachers regarding your predicted grades and seem what comes off of that.

I'm in my final year of pharmacology currently but I had the same issue as you where my predicted grades were slightly too low. However, my teachers suggested that it is alright to apply to one or two universities which ask for predicted grades that are one grade above yours (which you have), two which match your predicted grades and one or two which ask for predicted grades below yours.

This allows you to have a breadth of choice and provides a safety net.

I hope this helps somewhat and good luck
Goldengirl2002
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 14hasm)
I'm really sorry to hear this. I think the best way is to try and talk to your teachers again and try to get a clearer picture as to why they predicted you these grades. If this doesn't work, perhaps speak to your parents and ask them if they can arrange a meeting with your teachers regarding your predicted grades and seem what comes off of that.

I'm in my final year of pharmacology currently but I had the same issue as you where my predicted grades were slightly too low. However, my teachers suggested that it is alright to apply to one or two universities which ask for predicted grades that are one grade above yours (which you have), two which match your predicted grades and one or two which ask for predicted grades below yours.

This allows you to have a breadth of choice and provides a safety net.

I hope this helps somewhat and good luck
Would universities like Exeter or Liverpool lower their usual entry requirements. Also is it possible to somehow tell universities your mocks grades if they are better than your predicted grades.
14hasm
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Goldengirl2002)
Would universities like Exeter or Liverpool lower their usual entry requirements. Also is it possible to somehow tell universities your mocks grades if they are better than your predicted grades.
I am not so sure but I would advise you to call them up and enquire.

It would be best if you chose one out of those two (if you prefer to be safer).

I am not sure if you can do so but again, call up those universities and ask - they might tell you to do an appeal?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (237)
56.7%
I don't have everything I need (181)
43.3%

Watched Threads