Is university harder after year 1 or not

Watch
Davidsmithh
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, so i am a first year student at uni, obvs due to corona everything is weird this year. But is uni harder after year 1 or not? In year 1, there is a lot of content that you have to learn and understand etc. Would love some opinions!!!
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on your course. Some people think that it gets progressively harder so that 3rd year is the hardest, whereas for me, the structure of my course meant that my 3rd year was actually the nicest and easiest year.
Maybe speak to students in year 2 and 3 of your course to get an idea of how your course progresses, although how difficult a course may be is a subjective measure so will differ even for people doing the same degree.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Hi i’m studying psychology and i can tell you that second year is SO much harder. The lack of communication from the uni is making it seem way harder than what it is. There are far more due dates for eg i have three assignments due in the one week in november and none due in december. Surely they could’ve spread them out? I think covid is making it much harder as it is all online and everyone is stressed about the pandemic as it is but overall second year content is much more demanding
15Characters...
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think there's a simple answer to this. My sister, and lots of my friends, found that their first year was comparatively easy and that it got more serious in later years as the difficulty and/or quantity of material increased.

However, personally (maths student) I found year 1 to be the toughest because it took me time to adapt to the new style of learning and because after A Levels I was not used to being challenged to this extent. Once I dealt with these issues I felt well equipped to tackle the later years in spite of the increasingly complex material, and my grades improved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.42%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (41)
27.52%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
40.94%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.68%

Watched Threads