How we feeling about A level exams 2021 (England) :(

Watch
Farhan1415
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey guys. idk how we're gonna be passing exams, it scares me sm. Personally I was exams cancelled (im from England) not only the big 6 month chunk was taken off from AS, I recently tested positive for covid and working from home just got so much harder. Ive healed now but I was so so unwell that eating meals was a challenge for me. I texted my tutor about it and she literally just ignore me. Ive gone back to college now but its too much and ill be honest, sitting A Level exams w just a three week delay is absolute bs. Its not going to work, im doing as much as I can but it will never be enough. England needs to do the same as Wales and Scotland and cancelled exams altogether, pls tell me im not alone I have no friends at college lol so idk how others are feeling about this. I do A level chemistry biology and RE
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I understand I don't understand loads for my course
JJ05
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Farhan1415)
hey guys. idk how we're gonna be passing exams, it scares me sm. Personally I was exams cancelled (im from England) not only the big 6 month chunk was taken off from AS, I recently tested positive for covid and working from home just got so much harder. Ive healed now but I was so so unwell that eating meals was a challenge for me. I texted my tutor about it and she literally just ignore me. Ive gone back to college now but its too much and ill be honest, sitting A Level exams w just a three week delay is absolute bs. Its not going to work, im doing as much as I can but it will never be enough. England needs to do the same as Wales and Scotland and cancelled exams altogether, pls tell me im not alone I have no friends at college lol so idk how others are feeling about this. I do A level chemistry biology and RE
We are all pretty much screwed
replaythat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey, personally i disagree i think that exams should go on, and the current prospects of a vaccine make it more likely for exams to go on. I do A-level chemistry, biology and Sociology, and a couple of weeks ago i had covid (soo annoying and draining), I feel that there is too much pressure from people saying that "ALL" exams matter - like the ones we sit in classroom and the mocks - I think the government needs to sort its **** out - i agree the 3 week delay is nothing especially if exams are crammed - i rather have 4 days in between my exams rather than having to do them 3 weeks later all on the same day that is more stressful - honestly hate my life rn
JamesTSR
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by replaythat)
hey, personally i disagree i think that exams should go on, and the current prospects of a vaccine make it more likely for exams to go on. I do A-level chemistry, biology and Sociology, and a couple of weeks ago i had covid (soo annoying and draining), I feel that there is too much pressure from people saying that "ALL" exams matter - like the ones we sit in classroom and the mocks - I think the government needs to sort its **** out - i agree the 3 week delay is nothing especially if exams are crammed - i rather have 4 days in between my exams rather than having to do them 3 weeks later all on the same day that is more stressful - honestly hate my life rn
I am not sure the vaccine will make much progress in filling the 6 months of lost class room time and i'm not sure why this gets mentioned either. Exams are cancelled in the wake of COVID-19 tearing 6 months out of A-levels and im not sure how we can be expected to perform in exams with such a loss of learning. Both Scotland & wales have identified and acted upon this yet we for some reason are persisting we will be able to take this exams like the students previous and we can't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (35)
24.82%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
43.26%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (21)
14.89%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.84%

Watched Threads