The Student Room Group

Ask us girls any questions you want ...

Scroll to see replies

I have a crush on a girl. We are childhood friends but got separated when I was in 7th grade. We are in contact with each other since 11th grade. I mostly initiate conversation, she just answers my question but never asks me anything. But occasionally she initiates conversation. She sometimes tags me in her pictures(she has fan edit account) and I am in her close friends list in instagram. Sometimes I feel like she likes me but sometimes don't. I am so confused, she is giving mixed reactions. So I talk less often to her now. Is it because she is an introvert or what?
Original post by Anonymous
-What's wrong with nice guys? (I'm sorta one :/)

-Do girls not like intelligent guys?
I'm a guy that has lots of friends and is extroverted, but soon as i say i did A level Maths, Physics Chemistry, feels like all hope is lost.

How many thirsty guys message girls, because recently i haven't been messaging any, my snapchat is dead due to corona virus. So I'm just wondering do girls have lots f guys in their DMs.

-Lastly, is it bad to shoot my shot on social media, e.g. snapchat or Instagram.

1 - Nothing, I prefer nice guys.
2 - I love an intelligent guy as it shows that he doesn't act all dumb like the rest.
3 - I am not too sure but normally it isn't too many and most may just be friends
4 - It depends, if you know them in person then no but if you don't then just try ( what's the worst that can happen ? )
ok if I'm being honest... I'm turning 18 soon, and I basically have no experience with girls apart from like 1 failed talking stage. Do girls only go for guys with more experience? because I feel like girls only go for guys with like tons of bodies. and I'm here like we only 18, like how am I supposed to have been in so many relationships? maybe its because I'm frigid or something. (FYI I know how to talk to girls as friends and stuff, I'm not antisocial, its just being more than friends that's tough.)

Nope, we go for the guy we like, not the one with the most experience.
why do girls cry so often?

Hormones and not all girls, personally I try to never cry infront of anyone.
Cheers. So do girls dislike guys who are never emotional? I haven't cried since like a funeral in 2015. It came up during a conversation with a girl and her reaction was like "wtf thats so cold"

I think it depends as you can still be emotional without crying. Also, you may not have had a reason to cry so don't worry.
The amount of anons on this thread has me creasing 🤣

Stop being such pussies and just ask your questions straight out.
Also, do girls like when boys are mean to them?

Because it’s always the girls that got treated badly running back to their ex, do girls like toxicity?

Or just daddy issues?

It depends. If it is playful then I don't mind that but if it actually hurts me then nope.
Some girls do like toxic relationships but most of them don't realize they are in one. More girls go for non toxic relationship though - if they know.
I have a crush on a girl. We are childhood friends but got separated when I was in 7th grade. We are in contact with each other since 11th grade. I mostly initiate conversation, she just answers my question but never asks me anything. But occasionally she initiates conversation. She sometimes tags me in her pictures(she has fan edit account) and I am in her close friends list in instagram. Sometimes I feel like she likes me but sometimes don't. I am so confused, she is giving mixed reactions. So I talk less often to her now. Is it because she is an introvert or what?

It depends on the signals, if she is not talking to you or making the first effort then probably not but you'll never know until you try. Also, you both need to make an effort and just ask her out and see ow it goes, at least then you can move on.
It depends. If it is playful then I don't mind that but if it actually hurts me then nope.
Some girls do like toxic relationships but most of them don't realize they are in one. More girls go for non toxic relationship though - if they know.

I see, I see

What if they hurt you really badly and then said sorry to you, would you take them back?
If Otto Von Bismarck was thrown into world war 2 in his prime and had a sizeable army, could he have stopped Hitler in 1938 (just before the invasion of Poland) and reunited Prussia, killing Hitler in the process? what would have Hitler done if Bismarck was fighting him and how would this alternate history play out?
Original post by DR.DOOM
If Otto Von Bismarck was thrown into world war 2 in his prime and had a sizeable army, could he have stopped Hitler in 1938 (just before the invasion of Poland) and reunited Prussia, killing Hitler in the process? what would have Hitler done if Bismarck was fighting him and how would this alternate history play out?

One thousand, six hundred and sixty eight
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
The amount of anons on this thread has me creasing 🤣

Stop being such pussies and just ask your questions straight out.

I’d rather my identity hidden, thank you very much
I see, I see

What if they hurt you really badly and then said sorry to you, would you take them back?

Most likely - as long as it wasn't too bad .
Reply 73
Original post by adam.g
Hey girls! My girlfriend broke up with me a few days ago saying she needed space and was having doubts over the relationship. A week before she was talking about marriage and kids one day, but since then we have argued over petty things. At the time I didn't see the big deal, but it was over my paranoia. I would ask her who's followed her on instagram/spammed her photos etc, or why she is active and not replying to me. This i understand would eventually take its toll as i have no reason not to trust her. Another reason being is she has been smoking weed a lot, and i try to tell her its not good for her to do it so much, and she takes it as me lecturing her like a parent, so she gets annoyed over this too. Again, I understand she is her own person who can do what she wants but I was just looking out for her.

On Wednesday we had our final argument, after arguing almost everyday for the past week, and this was because she came home from work and wanted to smoke weed with her flat mate and she asked if i wanted to. I replied saying that I would rather she got into bed and give me a cuddle as im concerned how much she's smoking. She got very angry again after this and told me she needs space, as she's having doubts over the whole relationship and what she wants. I begged and pleaded with her (which I regret now) as I was just so confused as at this point it hadn't even been a week since she spoke about marriage and kids, and the fact she said she was 50/50 if we would get back together made it worse.

I got very emotional, but accepted it, we then had a cuddle and kiss before i left in tears but on relatively good terms. I left her alone for the rest of the day however i woke up the next day shaking with anxiety, and had a meltdown so sent her 6 or 7 messages asking to give me a chance. She read them and didn't reply which hurt me of course. I did however not message her again, until about 11pm she messaged me on instagram asking who this girl i recently followed was as she had no other mutual followers. I just said 'she is a girl on my course, do you remember I said I made friends?'

She then ignored this also, so on Friday i was upset because i thought that as she messaged me she was ready to talk, so i sent her a couple of messages and then phoned her. She surprisingly answered and i asked her what was going on, she said 'I told you i needed space why cant you respect that' i then went into panic mode again and started trying to convince her for another shot which turned into an argument. At this point she said she cannot cope with this and its completely done.

Since this I have completely cut contact for almost 3 days now, as i dont want to do further damage. We have spoken so many times about marriage and kids, and she told me not even a month ago, that when she is with me she has no care in the world, and she will be mine for as long as i let her. I trusted her with these comments as I could sense they were coming from the heart. I am just so confused as to how you can go from all of these feelings to then needing space and saying you're having doubts/done for good, in the space of a week or 2. I have already reflected and seen my own downfalls with my paranoia, i just need her to give me the chance to prove it.

Is there chance I can still get her back? Is it healthy to have time apart? i am respecting her wishes and giving her space, I am just hoping that she doesn't forget about me and realises that if we don't give it another shot, we will maybe live to regret it as I believe she is the one.

Sorry for how long that all is but i needed to explain fully.

edit: this is our first breakup

You need lessons from Corey Wayne. Check him out on YouTube if you haven't already.
Most likely - as long as it wasn't too bad .

I see

It isn’t uncommon.. girls like you must be protected at all costs
No haters please !

Are you intimidated by horny guys?
Have you ever just wanted someone to **** the brains out of you
Are you intimidated by horny guys?
Have you ever just wanted someone to **** the brains out of you

I already know the answer to this, it’s obvious 🤣

It’s going to be a no, (girls hate horny guys) - Rule of thumb, you have to be genuinely trash to them but not to an extent that they hate you..
I disagree slightly because I'd kinda love that :smile: but it depends on girl to girl so ....
I disagree slightly because I'd kinda love that :smile: but it depends on girl to girl so ....

You disagree about the boy having to be trash to you?

By trash I’m on about, flirtatious banter, - but with a pinch of roughness.. so it’ll get to you but you’d like it
You disagree about the boy having to be trash to you?

By trash I’m on about, flirtatious banter, - but with a pinch of roughness.. so it’ll get to you but you’d like it

I meant I'd like the banter woops

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending