The Student Room Group

he wasnt ready for a relaitionship but talking to other girl

I spoke to this guy a few months ago and he ends it all saying he was not ready for a relationship and but there was more to it. He told my friend that i wasnt enough for him basically i didnt care enough apparently and im not the one and also he spoke to me so he could get over his ex so rebound ?! upset me ngl
I didnt want to lose him so i kept him as a friend and we have been talking since then for now a 4 months or so as friends and sometimes he will flirt and stuff but im avoiding that. He recently told me he is talking to another girl but as friends and not properly but he did say his friends actually set the girl and him up to start talking and he does find her attractive. To hide it all he's telling me he is just talking as friends but ik there's probably more to it as he is indirecting it sometimes. When he said all this it kinda hit me that im not over him , i really thought i was. It doesnt make sense to me so your gonna say your not ready for a relationship but actually talk to another girl like that, ik i wasnt enough for him but yh it suddenly hit me im not over him :frown: Idk what to do, shall i cut him off
honestly, cut him off!

he’s clearly not ready for a relationship and even if he was, it sounds like he would have wandering eyes.

i know it’s extremely tough but the best way to get over someone is to cut contact. don’t text him and don’t speak to him. explore your other options and focus on yourself!

trust me! once you find a boy who truly cares and loves you, you’ll look back and think what the hell did I see in him???
Original post by baby.bear
honestly, cut him off!

he’s clearly not ready for a relationship and even if he was, it ounds like he would have wandering eyes.

i know it’s extremely tough but the best way to get over someone is to cut contact. don’t text him and don’t speak to him. explore your other options and focus on yourself!

trust me! once you find a boy who truly cares and loves you, you’ll look back and think what the hell did I see in him???

thank you for this ! Its quite hard cutting off a friend but i guess it as to be cut off
Original post by kirthiiika08
thank you for this ! Its quite hard cutting off a friend but i guess it as to be cut off

I know it’s really tough! I went through a similar thing with my ex boyfriend, he was abusive and extremely toxic but I was so blinded.

He would want to be my friend and talk to me after we broke up and part of me wanted to be his friend. The best thing I ever did was block him and move on.

That was 2 years ago and I’m now with an amazing boy. I wouldn’t be with him if I hadn’t have let my ex go.

It’s really tough but you really will feel better.
Best to move on and end contact with him. :smile:
He's probably chatting to and hookup up with several girls.
Not willing to be sexually exclusive with any of them nor offer any commitment.
I know it’s really tough! I went through a similar thing with my ex boyfriend, he was abusive and extremely toxic but I was so blinded.

He would want to be my friend and talk to me after we broke up and part of me wanted to be his friend. The best thing I ever did was block him and move on.

That was 2 years ago and I’m now with an amazing boy. I wouldn’t be with him if I hadn’t have let my ex go.

It’s really tough but you really will feel better.

awww thats good you found someone amazing !! its just that i know he liked me fully well thats what he showed as anyways but then he had more to 'im not ready for relationship' and still i wanted to be friends because i didnt want to lose him but now him talking to another girl has kinda hit me, how can you tell me im not ready for relationship and then talk to another girl, Its gonna be hard but yh hopefully it goes okay. Its just that our friends that wanted us to be together fully after everything now decided to set him up with another girl
Original post by kirthiiika08
awww thats good you found someone amazing !! its just that i know he liked me fully well thats what he showed as anyways but then he had more to 'im not ready for relationship' and still i wanted to be friends because i didnt want to lose him but now him talking to another girl has kinda hit me, how can you tell me im not ready for relationship and then talk to another girl, Its gonna be hard but yh hopefully it goes okay. Its just that our friends that wanted us to be together fully after everything now decided to set him up with another girl

yeah that sucks! maybe don’t cut him off completely? just distance yourself for a while and let him come back to you if he wants to!
yeah that sucks! maybe don’t cut him off completely? just distance yourself for a while and let him come back to you if he wants to!

yhhh thats what im gonna be doing x
Reply 8
You werent dating him, it really shouldnt be that big of a deal. He simply didnt like you in a romantic way.
If you want to cut him off you sure can but this in itself doesnt seem like something to be worked up over.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending