The Student Room Group

Arkwright Scholarship Megathread 2021 - Application Deadline 15th Jan!

Official thread for those applying for the Arkwright Scholarship 2021 to chat and talk about the application process :woo:

Previous thread can be found here. Credit to @thara987 for the original thread idea and the resources below :smile:

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is there a thread for existing scholars? I have a few questions about year two funding.
Reply 2
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
what is the best way to revise for the exam??
Reply 4
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey! How are people preparing for the interview stage? I’m not quite sure how to start
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
i'm making the powerpoint now and then i'll just like practice going through it i think
Original post by cd57
i'm making the powerpoint now and then i'll just like practice going through it i think

Yeah that’s the sort of thing I was thinking about doing... thanks! :smile:
Reply 8
has anyone emailed to have their interview rescheduled? I sent an email but haven’t received a reply. In one of the attachments they stated that you should email them before 4:30 on 8th April so I hope that means I can still reschedule mine since I emailed them last week :/
Original post by aikaK
has anyone emailed to have their interview rescheduled? I sent an email but haven’t received a reply. In one of the attachments they stated that you should email them before 4:30 on 8th April so I hope that means I can still reschedule mine since I emailed them last week :/

Are you sure you emailed the right address? You might want to double check just incase
If you emailed last week I can't see why they wouldn't let you reschedule whenever they reply
Reply 10
Original post by Marvel_fan
Are you sure you emailed the right address? You might want to double check just incase
If you emailed last week I can't see why they wouldn't let you reschedule whenever they reply

yes I definitely emailed the right address. I emailed the person who sent out the interview dates a couple days back and he replied saying that his team are still working on replying to people + rescheduling so it may take some time for me to receive a reply. cant help but feel a teeny bit concerned that it may not get rescheduled lol
Original post by aikaK
yes I definitely emailed the right address. I emailed the person who sent out the interview dates a couple days back and he replied saying that his team are still working on replying to people + rescheduling so it may take some time for me to receive a reply. cant help but feel a teeny bit concerned that it may not get rescheduled lol

Oh well at least you've got some acknowledgement! Do you think it would be a big problem if they can't reschedule? You might want to plan just incase. They should be able to though since you did email before their deadline.
Is yours currently scheduled for quite early on?
Reply 12
Oh well at least you've got some acknowledgement! Do you think it would be a big problem if they can't reschedule? You might want to plan just incase. They should be able to though since you did email before their deadline.
Is yours currently scheduled for quite early on?

I have an (internal) art exam which lasts the whole school day on both the 29th and 30th of april, and I’ve been given an interview date of the 30th. I’m not too worried though since my art teacher did say that if we don’t get to finish on the 2 allocated days we’re still allowed to complete it in the following few lessons
Original post by aikaK
I have an (internal) art exam which lasts the whole school day on both the 29th and 30th of april, and I’ve been given an interview date of the 30th. I’m not too worried though since my art teacher did say that if we don’t get to finish on the 2 allocated days we’re still allowed to complete it in the following few lessons

Ahh ok. I guess it would be much easier if it is moved then.
Mines on the 27th
Reply 14
Does anyone know how many scholarships are normally awarded per year?
Reply 15
Original post by H_K_05

there isn’t a limit, they just give it to however many people deserve it. if I’m not mistaken it’s usually around 350 but in 2017 there was a record number of 425
Original post by H_K_05

In their webinar they did I think I remember someone saying its roughly 1/4 of people who apply
How is everyone preparing for the interview? Mine is during exams so I'm not sure what to prioritise.
Original post by arranmatharu
How is everyone preparing for the interview? Mine is during exams so I'm not sure what to prioritise.

I'm practicing, basically. I'm asking someone to give me some practice questions as well as going through my powerpoint. What are you doing?
I'm practicing, basically. I'm asking someone to give me some practice questions as well as going through my powerpoint. What are you doing?

I guess basically the same as you, but cos I'm halfway through my exams I'm having to revise a lot more for them than the interview, so I'll try to prioritise practice questions. Where did you get your practice questions from?

Quick Reply

Latest