The Student Room Group

6th form tomorrow

I am crying right now because of 6th form. I have had the past week off because I had a cough I got sent home, they told me to self isolate until I get tested, I got tested negative and it turns out it was just a bad cough. Tomorrow I am back in & im in bed now crying my eyes out about it because I hate school or college whatever it is, I hate it so much and I'm tired of it. I cry every Sunday night when I have it and I struggle to sleep then in school im all tired. I just don’t want to go and I don’t know what to do because my mum is forcing me I had a massive argument with her and she said I have to go & she kept telling me to shut up everytime I said I didn't want to she was really angry.

Scroll to see replies

How old are you - you are required to be in education or an apprenticeship till you are 18.
question is why do u hate it
Reply 3
Original post by ReadingMum
How old are you - you are required to be in education or an apprenticeship till you are 18.

I'm over 18, im 22
Reply 4
Original post by TheRealSaifali
question is why do u hate it

Everything, getting up for it, evenings before it, the staff, the classroom, lunchtime, having to come home when its dark,
Agreed, it’s so draining
I hate it too but just think, it’s only two years of your life, work hard during those two years. You’ll probably never speak to the people in that sixth form again and your life will be so much better once those two years are over.
Reply 6
Original post by Blue_skies124
Agreed, it’s so draining
I hate it too but just think, it’s only two years of your life, work hard during those two years. You’ll probably never speak to the people in that sixth form again and your life will be so much better once those two years are over.

I don't ****ing know
I absolutely understand where your coming from, I was literally just about to post the same kinda thing. I have serious trust issues as well as anxiety so being at school doing **** work where I feel no one likes me sucks. How long have you felt like this? Are you in year 13? If so there isn’t much longer and then you can get out of there and you have your whole life to do what you want! Well that’s my motivation to go in anyway. I think maybe try to find out what caused you to not like it initially, do you have many friends. Maybe try speaking to the schools mental health team or whatever the equivalent is at your school and say your hating it..maybe they could help-
If not, possibly try just creating a different mindset like “I am going in today and it’s gonna be alright, I’m going to work and not care what anyone thinks” and yeah, you will be happy you stayed in school at the end of the day especially in years to come :smile: I hope it turns out ok for you
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
I absolutely understand where your coming from, I was literally just about to post the same kinda thing. I have serious trust issues as well as anxiety so being at school doing **** work where I feel no one likes me sucks. How long have you felt like this? Are you in year 13? If so there isn’t much longer and then you can get out of there and you have your whole life to do what you want! Well that’s my motivation to go in anyway. I think maybe try to find out what caused you to not like it initially, do you have many friends. Maybe try speaking to the schools mental health team or whatever the equivalent is at your school and say your hating it..maybe they could help-
If not, possibly try just creating a different mindset like “I am going in today and it’s gonna be alright, I’m going to work and not care what anyone thinks” and yeah, you will be happy you stayed in school at the end of the day especially in years to come :smile: I hope it turns out ok for you

Mate, I just don't know
F*ck school

I’m predicted 3A*’s but they mean absolutely nothing to me.

I wish I could get easy money & not have to take a rigid systematic governmental approach.

Screw life.

I completely understand what you mean, just go in and tell school you have covid.
F*ck school

I’m predicted 3A*’s but they mean absolutely nothing to me.

I wish I could get easy money & not have to take a rigid systematic governmental approach.

Screw life.

I completely understand what you mean, just go in and tell school you have covid.

My mum phoned im negative tested but I really agree with you
My mum phoned im negative tested but I really agree with you

Feelings of apathetic, making it unbearable. Honestly.

School should just close again for 6 months, they say “what about those with broken homes” but take no cogitation for those with no friends, those who find it deceptively hard to make friends due to indifference.

sick of it.
Feelings of apathetic, making it unbearable. Honestly.

School should just close again for 6 months, they say “what about those with broken homes” but take no cogitation for those with no friends, those who find it deceptively hard to make friends due to indifference.

sick of it.

They should just close permanently
They should just close permanently

I know!
I know!

There's many people like us that education isn't for us
There's many people like us that education isn't for us

Just isn’t at all..

I don’t even want to experience university life, I’m scared that it’ll be the exact same thing.. I don’t want to be stuck in my accommodation alone because it’ll probably not end well.
Just isn’t at all..

I don’t even want to experience university life, I’m scared that it’ll be the exact same thing.. I don’t want to be stuck in my accommodation alone because it’ll probably not end well.

**** University, I don’t know why everyone just wants to go, its extremely overrated
**** University, I don’t know why everyone just wants to go, its extremely overrated

I know..

I feel like I’ll probably just do things to distract myself from the time and the duration..

If that means pleasure then so be it. I don’t care no more
I know..

I feel like I’ll probably just do things to distract myself from the time and the duration..

If that means pleasure then so be it. I don’t care no more

How old are you brother?
How old are you brother?

17, wbu

Quick Reply

Latest