Surprisingly calorific foods?

Watch
Anonymous1502
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
A pot of oatley strawberry yoghurt is 400 calories. What are some foods you came across that you were surprised by the amount of calories either a lot more or less.
Chironn
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
persimmons
artful_lounger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Granola, at least it surprised me when I was much younger that it was in some sense "unhealthy" since I thought of it as being you know, "crunchy granola hippy health food" kind of stuff. With age and experience it makes a lot more sense, since it's basically just grains and nuts that are very high calorie (i.e. high energy output) foods, concentrated into a single "meal" where you would probably eat more of them than if you were snacking on loose grains/nuts or similar (plus with milk added).

Still like it, although I don't eat it that often (although less for that reason and more because it's very uneconomical as cereal options go ).
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Granola, at least it surprised me when I was much younger that it was in some sense "unhealthy" since I thought of it as being you know, "crunchy granola hippy health food" kind of stuff. With age and experience it makes a lot more sense, since it's basically just grains and nuts that are very high calorie (i.e. high energy output) foods, concentrated into a single "meal" where you would probably eat more of them than if you were snacking on loose grains/nuts or similar (plus with milk added).

Still like it, although I don't eat it that often (although less for that reason and more because it's very uneconomical as cereal options go ).
I honestly can eat a whole bag of granola in the one go if I let myself-that is why I tend not to buy it too often it’s sooo good!!
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)

Especially the Crunchy Nut version, so tasty but so high in sugar
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
I honestly can eat a whole bag of granola in the one go if I let myself-that is why I tend not to buy it too often it’s sooo good!!
I feel called out here... :cry: so true!
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by Elizabeth II)
I feel called out here... :cry: so true!
There seems to be a lot of granola fans on here I personally prefer porridge.
ashtolga23
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Peanuts shocked me.

Others that are less intense but still surprising are probably things like mango and avocado. Not bad for you, but surprisingly high calorie.

Surprisingly low calorie foods are usually microwave ready meals for me lmao.
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
There seems to be a lot of granola fans on here I personally prefer porridge.
I love porridge! Especially with a little honey or agave nectar :yum:
Ne en mia nomo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elizabeth II)
I love porridge! Especially with a little honey or agave nectar :yum:
Better with a pinch of salt.
DoritoEvie
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashtolga23)
Peanuts shocked me.

Others that are less intense but still surprising are probably things like mango and avocado. Not bad for you, but surprisingly high calorie.

Surprisingly low calorie foods are usually microwave ready meals for me lmao.
Nuts in general!!! I never knew that they were so high in calorie.
Elizabeth II
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Ne en mia nomo)
Better with a pinch of salt.
Many things often are
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sushi
ashtolga23
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DoritoEvie)
Nuts in general!!! I never knew that they were so high in calorie.
For real! So easy to eat a lot of them as well. Crazy. I just avoid them these days where possible.
throwaway122334
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
SEEDS
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cheesecake.

A few years back I went to the US and popped into the Cheesecake Factory for a gander, I kid you not there was a list of Cheesecake slices with between 1000-1500 calories each.

So you get to choose how fast the clot travels to your brain.
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Cheesecake.

A few years back I went to the US and popped into the Cheesecake Factory for a gander, I kid you not there was a list of Cheesecake slices with between 1000-1500 calories each.

WOW, how big was one slice? Are you sure it wasn't the whole cheesecake, as 1000-1500 calories per slice is outrageous.
JustOneMoreThing
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
WOW, how big was one slice? Are you sure it wasn't the whole cheesecake, as 1000-1500 calories per slice is outrageous.
Nope, one slice, they’re bigger than your average British slice.

To be honest they’re pretty gross once you get your third or fourth bite, the texture just rubs me the wrong way.
Sabertooth
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
Cheesecake.

Junior's cheesecake > cheesecake factory.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.6%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
24.09%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (60)
43.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
14.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed