Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
You can still get a decent job without going
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
some jobs require degrees. some people want to experience uni life.

lots of different reasons.

we shouldn’t shame people for going to uni and we shouldn’t shame others for not going. everyone has different paths in life.
Thecrazydoughnut
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
You can still get a decent job without going
To boast on this platform called TSR.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by baby.bear)
some jobs require degrees. some people want to experience uni life.

lots of different reasons.

we shouldn’t shame people for going to uni and we shouldn’t shame others for not going. everyone has different paths in life.
Which jobs?
I'm not shaming people if anything i think its good but I'm just asking why
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
To boast on this platform called TSR.
🤣🤣🤣
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which jobs?
I'm not shaming people if anything i think its good but I'm just asking why
STEM mainly. but many jobs are getting more competitive so a degree will make a candidate stand out more, hence why people choose to go and get further education.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by baby.bear)
STEM mainly. but many jobs are getting more competitive so a degree will make a candidate stand out more, hence why people choose to go and get further education.
What the hell is STEM
baby.bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What the hell is STEM
https://www.livescience.com/amp/4329...education.html
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Report 1 month ago
I wanna do social work and to do it I have to get a degree. If there was another way then I would go there
Black Cat
Report 1 month ago
Various reasons some people just want to build independence whilst gaining life experiences away from home and others may want to pursue a degree to increase their chances of landing a job in a similar field. I personally went for the experience.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
I wanna do social work and to do it I have to get a degree. If there was another way then I would go there
What type of social work?
stereotypeasian
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
its my life therefore my choice and I want to go to uni; I realise there are various different mindsets existing
Moonlight rain
Report 1 month ago
What type of social work?
Social work for domestic violence
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Black Cat)
Various reasons some people just want to build independence whilst gaining life experiences away from home and others may want to pursue a degree to increase their chances of landing a job in a similar field. I personally went for the experience.
But people go to study stuff. I didnt know people just go for experience to move out of home because they have to study stuff as well and if you want to go for that its why don't they just move out
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Moonlight rain)
Social work for domestic violence
Can't you just be a police officer that's doing that and you don’t need qualifications for that
Max1989
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have to as a healthcare professional, I can't make somone a leg that they can safely walk on without knowing how to do that and for my knowledge to be tested meticulously by experts in the field.

But I know poeple who are just at uni for the social side.

Both are fine, one may seem a bit of waste of money but it's very common for uni to be the place where you find yourself, what you love, what you hate, it's a time to try new things and then choose never again. It's a stepping stone between school and reality and for most their first taste of true independence.

Most people don't even really pay for uni as they just take out a loan they'll never repay, so it really is just like a path in a thousand directions for anyone to explore.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Call me nerdy, but I'm mainly going for the education and knowledge.
Moonlight rain
Report 1 month ago
Can't you just be a police officer that's doing that and you don’t need qualifications for that
Police officer is a dangerous af job I could never do that and it wouldn’t make me happy
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So you think we shouldn’t have any social workers in the world, or doctors, or vets, or lawyers...
plenty of reasons people go to uni and tbf it’s not really anyone’s business but their own why they do or do not.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
So you think we shouldn’t have any social workers in the world, or doctors, or vets, or lawyers...
plenty of reasons people go to uni and tbf it’s not really anyone’s business but their own why they do or do not.
I don't ****ing know about its not against the law to ask ffs
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.6%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (33)
24.09%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (60)
43.8%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
14.6%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed