Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm planning on applying to Warwick, UCL, Bristol, and Leeds and I'm wondering if it would be a waste of time for me to apply to LSE since I don't have further maths. I'm currently taking Maths, English Lit, and Economics and I'm predicted A*A*A* with 9999987777A* for GCSE. My school doesn't offer it for AS, and I didn't want to take only three subjects including FM and I preferred the other two subjects.

Is it worth applying?
Tyra Dreise
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, that really depends on what course you're applying to. I am applying to history at LSE so for me further maths is not needed, but if you are planning on applying to economics or marketing (or something along those lines) then your chances of getting in are significantly decreased by not having done further maths. If that's the case and you also have another university in mind, I'd recommend considering applying to that one instead. It all comes down to the course you're applying to and its competitiveness. Does that help?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Tyra Dreise)
Well, that really depends on what course you're applying to. I am applying to history at LSE so for me further maths is not needed, but if you are planning on applying to economics or marketing (or something along those lines) then your chances of getting in are significantly decreased by not having done further maths. If that's the case and you also have another university in mind, I'd recommend considering applying to that one instead. It all comes down to the course you're applying to and its competitiveness. Does that help?
Hi, I cannot believe I completely forgot to mention I want to apply for Economics. My fifth option is fairly open - obviously I would rather get an offer from a uni but at the same time the possibility of getting LSE is in the back of my mind.
lilmissliberal
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi, I cannot believe I completely forgot to mention I want to apply for Economics. My fifth option is fairly open - obviously I would rather get an offer from a uni but at the same time the possibility of getting LSE is in the back of my mind.
They usually would take into account that not all schools offer it.
Tyra Dreise
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you're fairly certain you're going to be accepted into one of the other 4 uni's you applied for, then I would definitely just go for it. With an awesome personal statement that really showcases your passion, I'm sure you'll stand a fair chance. It's better to take your chance instead of regretting not having done so afterwards!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by lilmissliberal)
They usually would take into account that not all schools offer it.
My school does offer it as an a level but they recommend taking three and I didn’t want to do such a limited range on maths + FM and one other
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (212)
56.68%
I don't have everything I need (162)
43.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed