username5463726
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi there!

I’m currently looking to study animation (2d) I’m stuck between two unis. Hertfordshire and NUA. Does anyone have any advice?

I find that Hertfordshire has the better course but I live 30 minutes away and desperately don’t want to have to stay home instead of accommodation and compared to NUA their common rooms, dorms etc aren’t as nice in my opinion

I like everything else about Norwich, the only thing is that the course isn’t as well known etc. Norwich is the sort of place I’d love to live, it’s further away, they have lovely facilities and I have a few friends in the year above at another uni.

Please help I desperately need to pick which one.
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
PQ might be able to advise and/or offer some suggestions?

When you say "pick one", do you mean you have offers from both and are deciding between them, or have not yet submitted your application and are deciding which to include on it? If the former, bear in mind you don't need to make any decisions until at least the end of March I believe, if not later towards May time. So you would have plenty of time to think about each option, do some more research, and if lockdowns are lifted later potentially attend offer-holder or open days.
username5463726
Rep:
?
I’m still waiting for offers but my school want me to have a clear list of what order I want. I just generally wanted to hear opinions and hopefully get some clarity that would aid my choice :3
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Gloomettee)
I’m still waiting for offers but my school want me to have a clear list of what order I want. I just generally wanted to hear opinions and hopefully get some clarity that would aid my choice :3
You have a very long window to respond to offers once you get them, so there is no need to "rank" your choices now, particularly as some of those choices you applied to you may not get an offer from anyway.

Worst case scenario just list them in a random order and make up your mind later when you have all your offers and have spent some time thinking about it. At the end of the day it is you that decides which offers you firm and insure, not your school or some ranking that you decided on before you even held the offers!

The whole exercise just seems silly, I have no idea why your school would make you do that. Having a general idea of preferences is sufficient and if you have two that you really can't decide between yet there is no need to make that decision now, and plenty of time to keep thinking about each option.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Your school are idiots.

For a competitive course like animation there’s a 50:50 chance of getting offers from places like herts.

Tell your school whatever you have to to get them off your back. Apply and see where you get offers. Take advantage of any in preson or virtual offer holder days to research in more detail and then choose between your OFFERS in April.
username5463726
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
Your school are idiots.

For a competitive course like animation there’s a 50:50 chance of getting offers from places like herts.

Tell your school whatever you have to to get them off your back. Apply and see where you get offers. Take advantage of any in preson or virtual offer holder days to research in more detail and then choose between your OFFERS in April.
Agreed, tried to get them off my back today. I need to do more research. I believe its definite herts offers the better course. However, I just genuinely don't want to be so close to home and the end of the day if my works good enough hopefully I'll succeed wherever I go
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Agreed, tried to get them off my back today. I need to do more research. I believe its definite herts offers the better course. However, I just genuinely don't want to be so close to home and the end of the day if my works good enough hopefully I'll succeed wherever I go
FWIW there's no reason why you can't live in halls even if you lived next door to campus. You'd still be eligible for a high student loan if you live away from home (although I know there's other reasons to want to move further from home you wouldn't be forced to commute in from home if you didn't want to).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (417)
56.58%
I don't have everything I need (320)
43.42%

Watched Threads