My Legs are twitching. I am worried

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Started with a strong pressure in my right lower leg on the 17th of November which has transitioned into weird sensations in my legs and thighs: tingling, movement, twitching, crawling and pinching sensations. I'm also experiencing a little bit of pain but it's more like pressure.
I am worried that I have an undiagnosed neurological disorder like ALS or MS.
On the 17th I was sitting at the dinner table eating.. I told a relative about it, and said to call the doctor which I will be doing and told me to eat more foods with iron.
I have self diagnosed myself with restless leg syndrome or Benign fasciculations syndrome because the description relates to my feelings, but I need a diagnosis bc the feeling is causing discomfort. I am unable to sleep bc of it. I don't know what todo.
I also thought my recent sedentary behaviour (sitting at the table doing uni work) would cause my legs to suffer, as I haven't been doing much exercise etc. But I don't know. Anyone have any advice?
sunny.side.up
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe try going to the doctor...
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Started with a strong pressure in my right lower leg on the 17th of November which has transitioned into weird sensations in my legs and thighs: tingling, movement, twitching, crawling and pinching sensations. I'm also experiencing a little bit of pain but it's more like pressure.
I am worried that I have an undiagnosed neurological disorder like ALS or MS.
On the 17th I was sitting at the dinner table eating.. I told a relative about it, and said to call the doctor which I will be doing and told me to eat more foods with iron.
I have self diagnosed myself with restless leg syndrome or Benign fasciculations syndrome because the description relates to my feelings, but I need a diagnosis bc the feeling is causing discomfort. I am unable to sleep bc of it. I don't know what todo.
I also thought my recent sedentary behaviour (sitting at the table doing uni work) would cause my legs to suffer, as I haven't been doing much exercise etc. But I don't know. Anyone have any advice?
My mum has restless leg syndrome - it makes you want to move your legs and does affect sleep, but it usually appears later in life (30s-40s) I believe, although it sounds similar to your problem. Definitely call your doctor to rule out something like MS though.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone have any advice?
None other than speaking to a doctor!
Kogomogo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Only a doctor will be able to diagnose and advise. You might need a referral for a scan or further tests so be prepared for a possible long wait for diagnosis.

If you have signs of anything immediately life threatening or serious (like DVT, suddenly unable to walk, loss of bladder / bowel control etc) then head to A&E. A call to 111 / extended access gp's could give you some advice sooner if you are concerned it poses an immediate risk.
Anonymous #1
My mum has restless leg syndrome - it makes you want to move your legs and does affect sleep, but it usually appears later in life (30s-40s) I believe, although it sounds similar to your problem. Definitely call your doctor to rule out something like MS though.
Well I'm 21... so idk . Called my doctor today and couldn't get through. The marathon continues tomorrow
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kogomogo)
Only a doctor will be able to diagnose and advise. You might need a referral for a scan or further tests so be prepared for a possible long wait for diagnosis.

If you have signs of anything immediately life threatening or serious (like DVT, suddenly unable to walk, loss of bladder / bowel control etc) then head to A&E. A call to 111 / extended access gp's could give you some advice sooner if you are concerned it poses an immediate risk.
Yeah.. the long waits will be another issue.
Thanks. I'll try 111 tomorrow morning.
Anonymous #1
Update: Told a relative about my issue (who is a nurse) said it's probably just a general "twitch" that happens / nothing serious. Told her my concerns of MS... said it's only prominent in older people / later stages.
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Update: Told a relative about my issue (who is a nurse) said it's probably just a general "twitch" that happens / nothing serious. Told her my concerns of MS... said it's only prominent in older people / later stages.
She is wrong, MS can definitely affect young people too...
LovelyMrFox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely speak to your doctor, dont let your relative dissuade you.
In the meantime make sure you're drinking water and excising.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.38%
I don't have everything I need (139)
41.62%

Watched Threads