The Student Room Group

Which course is best?

I am currently studying a biomedical science foundation year which I don’t like I’m most likely going to drop out because I think it’s too late to swap courses right now. I have applied for foundation year law but I am having second doubts, I find business management, law with criminology and business law interesting but I don’t know if these are respected degrees and if I can get a good job with these. Which one do you think is the best degree out of these? Also something that is really annoying me and kind of stressing me out is the fact that because I probably won’t be able to change courses right now, I’m going to have to take a year out and then next year I’m going to do a foundation year meaning that I’m going to be 20 when I start my actual degree is that too old? Everyone’s probably going to be 18 I cant stop thinking about it.
Reply 1
What do you learn in foundation year biomedicine?
Reply 2
We basically just learn chemistry, biology and maths all in one so it gets you ready for the actual degree or related science degree
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
It’s very boring
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Don't worry about being too old. There are always a few postgrads and older people on university courses and no one really cares about it. There are even some people over 25 on my course.
I think you shouldn't do what you don't like. If biomedical science isn't for you, I think it's worth quitting. You still have a lot of time to retrain and acquire skills for your future profession. Therefore, it is better to choose criminology and business law.

Quick Reply

Latest