Crush at work has stopped reaching out. What next?

Watch
tanon123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
OK, so there's a woman at work that I am starting to crush on but at the time I am was in a relationship of 3 years that wasn't going well and I believed had run its course (Due to lack of intimacy etc). Despite this, we exchanged numbers for work purposes as she works in the same department. After that, she adds me on Instagram, which is fine, and I followed back. The first time she texts it was about work, then it became an everyday thing where we both would text about life, good morning texts, did you get home safe etc After a couple of weeks of texting, I tell her I have a GF but things are not going so well but I am comfortable being friends and who knows what the future holds. She thanks me for my honesty and was happy that I was upfront. However, she told me she knew I had a GF because another coworker had mentioned it to her at one point. All is good and we continue to text, talk at work etc. Even before this point, she told me she liked to drink and smoke. I mentioned I didn't drink much, so she told me we could smoke and that it would be cheap to get me drunk because I also told her I'm a lightweight. She also said that she feels like she is sneaking around because she feels attracted to me. I told her I understood. So despite all of this, we continue to text on most days while still chatting at work.

So fast forward 2 months, and I end up breaking up with my GF for the reasons stated at the beginning of the post. I told her about it, and we continue to text ect but I can tell things are changing. Less texting and I felt as though I had to initiate the contact every time. One day in the office, she tells me she feels I need to be single for a while ect. Not at any point did I tell her I wanted another relationship, but I expressed that I was open to meeting up with her for a date. She tells me that she is going to be busy due to Thanksgiving, Christmas, and upcoming wedding, and her birthday in January. Moreover, she has 2 kids (5f, 7f) and is a single mother, but the father keeps them every other week. I told her that is fine and to let me know when she is free. I also made the point to tell her I wasn't in a rush and is patient. Now she doesn't text at all, and in the office, she seems more distant as well. At this point, we just are coworkers who talk when we need to.

I have stopped texting her , stopped validating her in the office and on social media despite seeing each other in the office M-F. She also one of those women who seems to crave attention (making unecceary noises in the office, being loud for no reason so people can hear).

Is there anything else I can do in addition to what I had just mentioned? Should I expect anything to come from this?
GabiAbi84
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No
She seems to have made herself clear, she’s not interested.
Leave her alone and move on.
Last edited by GabiAbi84; 1 month ago
tanon123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
No
She seems to have made herself clear, she’s not interested.
Leave her alone and move on.
I understand, but why would she put so much effort into texting ect knowing I had a girlfriend to just stop.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Time to move on, she is no longer interested in you.
She has probably met someone else or decided that it would be best for her not to get personally involved with a coworker.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never ever get involved with coworkers. It does not end well. Don't make that mistake! Keep it professional.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
55.99%
I don't have everything I need (246)
44.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise