The Student Room Group

Harris Manchester 2021 Applicants

Hello all!

Saw a few threads going up for applicants for the different colleges and figured I'd set one up for the Harris Manchester applicants, aka the dinosaur applicants.

I'm applying for Law with senior status, so this will be my second undergrad degree. I was lucky to receive an interview for HMC so good luck to all those still waiting!

As always, make sure to check out the official Oxford applicants thread that has an excel sheet provided by the amazing @9dobbo1 where you can see how others have done and whether your subject offers have been sent out yet.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6231236

Quick links to the forms are here:

Good luck to all!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by shoreuss
Hello all!

Saw a few threads going up for applicants for the different colleges and figured I'd set one up for the Harris Manchester applicants, aka the dinosaur applicants.

I'm applying for Law with senior status, so this will be my second undergrad degree. I was lucky to receive an interview for HMC so good luck to all those still waiting!

As always, make sure to check out the official Oxford applicants thread that has an excel sheet provided by the amazing @9dobbo1 where you can see how others have done and whether your subject offers have been sent out yet.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6231236

Quick links to the forms are here:
Good luck to all!

Good idea. I applied (unsuccessfully) to HMC for PPE a couple of years ago so if anyone has any questions about that do let me know.
Reply 2
Original post by 9dobbo1
Good idea. I applied (unsuccessfully) to HMC for PPE a couple of years ago so if anyone has any questions about that do let me know.

RU reading another subject at HMC ?
Reply 3
Original post by NekoPark
RU reading another subject at HMC ?

No I’m now applying to ChCh for Theology
hiya! applied to harris manchester as a mature applicant!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by sungemily

Hi, best of luck. Which subject/course had you applied to?
Reply 6

Welcome to the club! Let us know what you applied for and hope you get an interview!

Also, @NekoPark what did you apply for? ^^
Reply 7
Hey, I've also applied as a mature student to HMC! Have applied to read Psychology and Philosophy...waiting to hear on the interview front!
Reply 8
Original post by 9orange8
Hey, I've also applied as a mature student to HMC! Have applied to read Psychology and Philosophy...waiting to hear on the interview front!

Welcome to the club! Wishing you all the best and hope you hear back soon with an interview invite. I need to assemble my mature student army so I can feel less old around the 17/18 year olds (admittedly I'm only 25 but I still feel like a dinosaur)
Reply 9
Welcome to the club! Let us know what you applied for and hope you get an interview!

Also, @NekoPark what did you apply for? ^^

History. I think mature is great, I already did the young pub scene before so I don’t have the desire for that anymore :smile: I also think you could learn from fellow students who have had different life experiences
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
History. I think mature is great, I already did the young pub scene before so I don’t have the desire for that anymore :smile: I also think you could learn from fellow students who have had different life experiences

That was pretty much my thinking. I'd be dedicating my time almost solely to studying this time round. I did well the first time at Uni but the stakes will be much higher this time haha. Glad I applied to HMC though as they're far more used to seeing atypical applications which I'm sure many mature students have. I saw someone who applied for senior law with a normal undergrad college and I can't for the life of me figure out why.
if you guys are pursuing a degree currently or have achieved a degree, did they ask you for your transcripts?
Reply 12
if you guys are pursuing a degree currently or have achieved a degree, did they ask you for your transcripts?

Sorry for the late reply. I'm applying for Law with senior status and have already completed a degree at a different university. Oxford and every other university has asked for my certificate and transcripts from my first university. What I will add also is that they seem to favour any first degrees over A-Levels and GCSEs as I definitely didn't reach the A-Level requirement but was offered an interview anyway. (I did however graduate with 1st class honours for my degree).

Hope that helps!
(edited 3 years ago)
Sorry for the late reply. I'm applying for Law with senior status and have already completed a degree at a different university. Oxford and every other university has asked for my certificate and transcripts from my first university. What I will add also is that they seem to favour any first degrees over A-Levels and GCSEs as I definitely didn't reach the A-Level requirement but was offered an interview anyway. (I did however graduate with 1st class honours for my degree).

Hope that helps!

Had you read another subject ( not Law) for your first degree?
Reply 14
Had you read another subject ( not Law) for your first degree?

Yes, I graduated with a 1st class honours degree in English Language and Linguistics. I firmly believe my entire application is resting on that result as my grades before uni are pretty subpar.
Yes, I graduated with a 1st class honours degree in English Language and Linguistics. I firmly believe my entire application is resting on that result as my grades before uni are pretty subpar.

I am sure you are correct! :smile: good luck
hiya, just wondering have you received specific schedules for your interviews? Many thanks!
Reply 17
Original post by snailzvibes
hiya, just wondering have you received specific schedules for your interviews? Many thanks!

Hi there. Still waiting on specifics for my interview (Law with senior status). Guessing you've not heard anything either? I've heard they have to give at least a weeks notice so I'm guessing we'll get information either today or Monday.
did you guys receive an email about a week ago regarding interview information from harris manchester?
Reply 19
did you guys receive an email about a week ago regarding interview information from harris manchester?

I received an offer to interview for law last Friday but I've still not had an email confirming the date or time. How about you?

Quick Reply

Latest