jzhang0818
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What sort of questions will be asked at a biomedical engineering Interview at Imperial?
Wei Han
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I’m applying to Imperial for Biomedical Engineering too this year! From what I’ve heard, they ask you about your personal statement and ask you typical A-level maths/physics questions. But that’s all I know...

Anyway, have you heard back from them? I haven’t and I’m stressing out when I hear about my friends getting interview offers already...
ZakZ07
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey, I’ve applied for biomedical engineering and I just got the offer a few days ago! I had my interview early December. It shouldn’t be too long now I’m assuming they’ll hand offers out over the coming weeks. Good luck!
amiv6
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by ZakZ07)
Hey, I’ve applied for biomedical engineering and I just got the offer a few days ago! I had my interview early December. It shouldn’t be too long now I’m assuming they’ll hand offers out over the coming weeks. Good luck!
Hey, how was the interview? I only got told today about mine and it's next week Quite nervous esp because it's online...
ZakZ07
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by amiv6)
Hey, how was the interview? I only got told today about mine and it's next week Quite nervous esp because it's online...
It was actually quite chilled and relaxed I was expecting it to be more full on (it was draining though I was quite tired by the end of it) mainly I think it was because it lasted almost 4 hours with all of the different activities.

It started at around 9:30 but I’m from the UK (London) so if you’re an international student you may have a weird start time unfortunately

You begin with a short presentation where the main organiser tells you a bit about themselves and the department.

You then get sorted into groups which will determine the order in which you do your tasks (there are 3 in total) In the group task we were given random sets of scenarios and asked to find solutions to problems etc. It’s really not as bad as it sounds.

Secondly there is another task that you have to take that is similar in structure to the first but obviously a different situation (usually to do with graphs and models).

And then of course the interview which was actually not too bad. You get either 1 or 2 interviewers and mine lasted about half an hour.The interviewers aren’t too harsh they smile and say hello and ask very generic questions about your interest in the subjects so just make sure you prep for the typical question types. I was only asked 1 maths questions which I’ve forgotten but I did require a little thinking.

In all I didn’t even think I did anything special i just maintained a fairly involved and relevant voice in each discussion and was lucky enough to receive the offer not too long ago so it’s not impossible!!

There should be some guidance in the email they sent you if you are doing a similar interview format to us.

Hope this helped
amiv6
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by ZakZ07)
It was actually quite chilled and relaxed I was expecting it to be more full on (it was draining though I was quite tired by the end of it) mainly I think it was because it lasted almost 4 hours with all of the different activities.

It started at around 9:30 but I’m from the UK (London) so if you’re an international student you may have a weird start time unfortunately

You begin with a short presentation where the main organiser tells you a bit about themselves and the department.

You then get sorted into groups which will determine the order in which you do your tasks (there are 3 in total) In the group task we were given random sets of scenarios and asked to find solutions to problems etc. It’s really not as bad as it sounds.

Secondly there is another task that you have to take that is similar in structure to the first but obviously a different situation (usually to do with graphs and models).

And then of course the interview which was actually not too bad. You get either 1 or 2 interviewers and mine lasted about half an hour.The interviewers aren’t too harsh they smile and say hello and ask very generic questions about your interest in the subjects so just make sure you prep for the typical question types. I was only asked 1 maths questions which I’ve forgotten but I did require a little thinking.

In all I didn’t even think I did anything special i just maintained a fairly involved and relevant voice in each discussion and was lucky enough to receive the offer not too long ago so it’s not impossible!!

There should be some guidance in the email they sent you if you are doing a similar interview format to us.

Hope this helped
Congrats on your offer!! and thank you, that made me feel less stressed
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (195)
58.21%
I don't have everything I need (140)
41.79%

Watched Threads