Muslim: matrimonial websites

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Do you find matrimonial apps/sites awkward or degrading to search for a spouse?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I personally believe that marriage should be based on love and it can be hard to get married to someone from a website.
Can I ask how old are you?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I personally believe that marriage should be based on love and it can be hard to get married to someone from a website.
Can I ask how old are you?
So do I. But I believe that love is not an instant thing - it develops over time. Finding someone online is only a starting point.
In my mid twenties
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Honestly sometimes its used as a last resort but a lot of the times it probably wont help (speaking from experience of filtering through proposals for family members) Its hard because i think that once the "bio" matches preferences with the person then everyone thinks that the marriage will go ahead, with arranged marriages its like you have to make quick decisions. Also like culturally i dont think parents realise that physical attraction is important (sure its not most important but you cant force something thats not there)

Sorry thats not really helpful, i definitely don't think its degrading but i just know its a lot of work
Thecrazydoughnut
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No. Alhamdulillah I have found my husband through a legit matrimonial site and it has been an amazing journey since. Alhamdulillah. 😊

I understand it’s not for all, however it can be a good way to meet someone if you search at the right place.

Singlemuslim isn’t it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (12)
66.67%
I don't have everything I need (6)
33.33%

Watched Threads