should i pursue economics or psychology?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
im predicted A*A*A*A in mathematics, economics, psych & further maths respectively. i enjoy both psychology & econ massively at A Level, but do not want to do a joint honours degree at university - i'd much rather do pure Econ or pure Psych.
i cant choose between the two degrees though.. like employment is the same for both degrees, but then salary wise i'd say econ graduates earn more. but that's if they go into banking, which I don't want to do. but if I do pysch then I'd probably have to go into counselling, which I'm not keen of either. I'm so stressed ugh any ops would be appreciated!!
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
both are broad degrees, the 'numerate' aspect of which opens you up to quantitative jobs. economics probably gets slight preference over psychology - i've seen general (rather than degree-specific jobs) say put economics in the preferred category whereas ive not seen that for psychology

why put off a joint degree? its not all that weird/bad/unusual. equally, consider minoring in one or the either - its entirely possible to study mostly econ and then pick up an unusual module in psychology or vice versa
MadameRazz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
i think you should do a lot more research into job prospects. you can go into a lot of jobs with either degree but you’ve only mentioned two, and dislike both. it also wouldn’t hurt to take a year out if you really can’t decide.
bones-mccoy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you did Psychology, you'd need further training to become a counsellor. A degree will help you get onto a counselling course but you won't be able to practice unless you completed BACP accredited training.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (437)
56.24%
I don't have everything I need (340)
43.76%

Watched Threads