Islamic view of marriage

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Please could this thread to moved to Faith and Spirituality section. I wanted to post there but couldn’t due to lack of anonymity!

——

Anyway, I want to discuss what is the concept of an Islamic marriage - I’m in a constant battle of whether this is to serve women and honour them or is it a waste of time and energy
Junaki
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why do you think marriage is a waste of time and energy? Just curious....
asif007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your duty as a man is not to serve a woman, it is to provide for her. I don't know if you're looking for a housewife but nowadays lots of women do want to stay at home for at least a year or two after marriage/children, if not permanently. You having a good job, stable income, your own place to live (away from parents), some savings for a rainy day: all of these are non-negotiable. Women want stability more than anything else, not someone who is constantly at their beck and call all day every day trying to "serve" them. If you go into a marriage with the mindset of trying to serve a woman and trying to keep her happy all the time, you'll end up becoming a doormat, letting her manipulate you and dictate your life and then you will resent yourself and her.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
From a religious point of view neither.
It is for practicing followers of islam to have access to a sex life compliant with ancient religious scripture/leadership teachings/religious traditions, to have children and raise the next generation to obey the same religious lifestyle.
Remember that islamic marriage accepts polygamy amongst males and is not based on a religious view of marriage as an irrevocable commitment for life where divorce is forbidden.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (251)
57.18%
I don't have everything I need (188)
42.82%

Watched Threads