Seanness
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi there. I was wondering if anyone could give me some details about when border force are likely to give me a start date, how long others have previously waited from completion of all pre employment checks etc. I have now passed all pre employment checks and got an email saying someone will be in touch. Does anyone have any idea how long after they give you a start date or is there anyone with similar experience that waited some time and if so, how long? Thanks
Sitter
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When did you get your offer? I'm still waiting on the pre-employment checks to be completed so interested to know how long they took? I know it's going to take a little longer with mine as I have spent time working abroad.
Seanness
Rep:
?
I’ve only had a provisional offer abs I await to hear from anyone hence my questions above. All I know is My checks have passed fully and they’re now at offer stage. I put this on here as I am looking to find out how long it takes them and or if they only take in at certain times of the year. I honestly couldn’t tell you how long it took for mine as I can’t remember when they started the checks but if it helps I applied in June and my employment checks are now complete
Sitter
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied in June too, received my provisional offer 13/11, so was wondering how long it took from provisional offer stage to pre-employment checks being completed. I know some people have commented on some of the other BF apprenticeship threads having completed the checks too and IIRC have a start date, so might be worth asking in there in case they don't see here?
Seanness
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sitter)
I applied in June too, received my provisional offer 13/11, so was wondering how long it took from provisional offer stage to pre-employment checks being completed. I know some people have commented on some of the other BF apprenticeship threads having completed the checks too and IIRC have a start date, so might be worth asking in there in case they don't see here?
I see. I’ve tried to figure out how long it’s taken but I simply can’t. I have been through all the others threads already and thought I’d try this as all the others are not specifically related to the start dates.
Kinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Im in the same boat as you guys - provisional offer on 13/11 for Folkstone. Now awaiting checks to complete. I did receive an email (as others have ) regarding lack of ID, that someone will be in touch. All gone quiet since.
Seanness
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kinger)
Im in the same boat as you guys - provisional offer on 13/11 for Folkstone. Now awaiting checks to complete. I did receive an email (as others have ) regarding lack of ID, that someone will be in touch. All gone quiet since.
What do you mean - lack of ID?
Sitter
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Seanness)
What do you mean - lack of ID?
I had the same email, basically the identity/right to work check couldn't be done as there was a problem with one of the documents I uploaded on Launchpad during the interview, which in my case was a bank statement which was older than 3 months (it wasn't at the time of interview, but given that my job offer was near enough 3 months after the interview, not surprising).
Seanness
Rep:
?
I had the same email, basically the identity/right to work check couldn't be done as there was a problem with one of the documents I uploaded on Launchpad during the interview, which in my case was a bank statement which was older than 3 months (it wasn't at the time of interview, but given that my job offer was near enough 3 months after the interview, not surprising).
I’ve noticed had that issue thankfully. Just now trying to find out when others have started and how long after pre emp checks they had started.
Sitter
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not sure anybody has started yet, it's only been 2 months since interview results/some provisional offers being given out, and judging by posts from other BF campaigns that's quite a short timeframe! I'm not expecting to start until at least Feb by time all my checks etc. go through, but there might be people who got offers a little earlier that might get a Jan start (IIRC somebody posted something along these lines in one of the other apprenticeship threads, hard to keep track when there's quite a few).
Beckie002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am also at the same stage as you i got my email saying someone will be in touch soon last Thursday so jus waiting now
Seanness
Rep:
?
got my start date yesterday so I wouldn’t stick to those said timeframes you’ve established

(Original post by Sitter)Not sure anybody has started yet, it's only been 2 months since interview results/some provisional offers being given out, and judging by posts from other BF campaigns that's quite a short timeframe! I'm not expecting to start until at least Feb by time all my checks etc. go through, but there might be people who got offers a little earlier that might get a Jan start (IIRC somebody posted something along these lines in one of the other apprenticeship threads, hard to keep track when there's quite a few).
Beckie002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
got my start date yesterday so I wouldn’t stick to those said timeframes you’ve established

(Original post by Sitter)Not sure anybody has started yet, it's only been 2 months since interview results/some provisional offers being given out, and judging by posts from other BF campaigns that's quite a short timeframe! I'm not expecting to start until at least Feb by time all my checks etc. go through, but there might be people who got offers a little earlier that might get a Jan start (IIRC somebody posted something along these lines in one of the other apprenticeship threads, hard to keep track when there's quite a few).
Hello,

How do you they give you the start date is it phone call or email?

Where will you be based if you dont mind me asking?
Seanness
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beckie002)
Hello,

How do you they give you the start date is it phone call or email?

Where will you be based if you dont mind me asking?
Hi it was by email and I’m in Scotland
Beckie002
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi it was by email and I’m in Scotland
okay Well done! Hope mine is soon then
Sitter
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Nah, Feb would be the earliest I can start, even if my checks completed right now and they phone me up with a start date. I've got to give notice at my current job and the BF job requires relocating so not feasible for me to start any earlier. What start date have they given you, and have they said anything about how long training is or where it takes place?
Seanness
Rep:
?
Nah, Feb would be the earliest I can start, even if my checks completed right now and they phone me up with a start date. I've got to give notice at my current job and the BF job requires relocating so not feasible for me to start any earlier. What start date have they given you, and have they said anything about how long training is or where it takes place?
I don’t think you quite understand the context of my reply. I was saying you will need to prepare yourself to expect that the “timescales” in which you have researched on “other” posts on this site may not be necessarily applicable to you. The night message you next week. From what I gather they are wanting folk in January. Good luck to you!
Seanness
Rep:
?
My start date is in January. They haven’t given much details of training but I believe that it will be local to my post. Not sure what you mean by relocating because I would only be able to relocate to the city next to me which is about 50 miles. It wouldn’t be practical for me to leave Scotland...
Sitter
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don’t think you quite understand the context of my reply. I was saying you will need to prepare yourself to expect that the “timescales” in which you have researched on “other” posts on this site may not be necessarily applicable to you. The night message you next week. From what I gather they are wanting folk in January. Good luck to you!
And I don't quite think you got the context of my reply, I probably could have made it clearer. I know timescales can be all over the shop, but even at the quickest of times, with when they started sending out offers I couldn't imagine anybody having started yet, which was your original question. With regards to relocating, that's my situation, I've been offered my second choice which is some 3 hrs drive away and so commuting isn't an option. They tell you not to hand in your notice until you get a confirmed offer, so they must surely have to respect the fact that people can't just finish work at the drop of a hat.

Good luck with the training, if you're anything like me you're probably chomping at the bit to get going!
Seanness
Rep:
?
So I’ve managed to work it out. My pre employment checks were started 4 weeks ago after being on a reserve list for a month and that’s me at formal offer stage with a start date of the 11/01/21. I like many others suspected it would take much longer than this but have been pleasantly surprised. And yes I am chomping at the bit. Hope it all works out for you, take care
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (74)
17.79%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (120)
28.85%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (157)
37.74%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (52)
12.5%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (13)
3.13%

Watched Threads