I got drunk and tried to kiss my flatmates girlfriend

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am really anxious about this.

We had a few drinks in our flat last night and I got a bit too drunk.

I don't fully remember doing it but I apparently tried to kiss my flatmates girlfriend and he had to be pulled off me.

I apparently told her how hot she was and that I would be better in bed than her boyfriend (who is a mate of mine).

I knocked on his door this morning to say sorry but he told me to **** off.

I am not sure if we will be able to continue living together.

What can I do to sort his if he won't talk to me?

I know what I did was wrong but I was drunk and everyone behaves like an **** when drunk sometimes.
darrenb12345
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ignore it for now, it'll fizzle out soon enough and then id apologise and explain the circumstances make sure to mention drinking when you do apologise and you didn't know what you was doing when you do apologise though and it wont wont happen again etc
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The question is ‘does getting drunk turn you into an ******* or does it enhance the already existent characteristic’.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ah well, glad I'm not you. Likely not salvageable and this morning was way to early and presumptive to push it.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, blame it on the alcohol. That'll solve your problems I'm sure. :rolleyes:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
The question is ‘does getting drunk turn you into an ******* or does it enhance the already existent characteristic’.
Well you must be awful when drunk if the latter part is true.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Yeah, blame it on the alcohol. That'll solve your problems I'm sure. :rolleyes:
Relevance of response?
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Relevance of response?
Glad you asked!

Here you go: "I know what I did was wrong but I was drunk and everyone behaves like an **** when drunk sometimes."

Where to go from here? First step is to admit your mistake and just apologise. Stop blaming the alcohol and admit when you're in the wrong. Frankly, it's rather insulting to your friend and his girlfriend.
Anonymous #1
Glad you asked!

Here you go: "I know what I did was wrong but I was drunk and everyone behaves like an **** when drunk sometimes."

Where to go from here? First step is to admit your mistake and just apologise. Stop blaming the alcohol and admit when you're in the wrong. Frankly, it's rather insulting to your friend and his girlfriend.
I already admitted I was wrong, if you use your eyes.

You need to make sure you watch your tone when responding to threads.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

For the wrong reasons. Alcohol was not the issue. Your behaviour was. Nobody forced you to get drunk. If this isn't making sense to you then okay, good luck.
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Why you getting loud on anon? Say with chest, on your main account.

Plus you being drunk isn't an excuse. You insulted your "mate" and you tried to go for his girl.
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

TBH Morning after 'I was drunk...' apologies tend to be ignored or thought poorly of. People assume you're just feeling wretched with the hangover and haven't really considered the full extent of what you've done or why you are really apologising. You're waaaaaaay to early in the process to be grumping that you said you were sorry.
Anonymous #1
For the wrong reasons. Alcohol was not the issue. Your behaviour was. Nobody forced you to get drunk. If this isn't making sense to you then okay, good luck.
I got drunk by accident.

You are acting like you have never gotten drunk and you always behave like a gentleman, when your posts are pretty rude.

Good luck to you too.
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Apologies that come in the form

“I’m sorry but...”

Are not apologies.

Leave him be for now and then apologise properly. You behaved badly and now you need to make up for that.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by GabiAbi84)
Apologies that come in the form

“I’m sorry but...”

Are not apologies.

Leave him be for now and then apologise properly. You behaved badly and now you need to make up for that.
I behaved badly yeah but at least I have owned up to it and want to sort it.
Gillzy
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Theres no better way of sorting this than a bare knuckle fist fight.
candydiva
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
U have two problems.

Ur mate. U rlly did him a bad. At least u know it. He might be willing to listen at a cooler time when u approach in a more thoughtful way and xpress ur lament without any "but"... the only reason u may get lucky is coz dudes are frankly more willing to forgive their mates than girls r when they pull this same bs.

Then there's ur mate's gf... does she actually like u, or did ur attempt at sexual assault turn her off too?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Lol that's a akward move. If he's still frosty in a few weeks just accept that the friendship is broken and try to get closer to others. tbh if my bf's friend did that we'd both be shocked and feel uncomfortable but eventually we would move on and forgive. Also you probably bruised his ego when you said you would be better in bed then him.

Give it time, apologise to his girlfriend too, insist you were drunk and out of line but you don't fancy her and it won't happen again. Try channeling your sexual energy into single girls instead, get on tinder...
StriderHort
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Also you probably bruised his ego when you said you would be better in bed then him.
I dunno, I wouldn't take that slur too seriously from someone who could barely stand up without pissing themselves
GabiAbi84
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I behaved badly yeah but at least I have owned up to it and want to sort it.
There’s that “but” again...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.71%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (32)
23.53%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (60)
44.12%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (20)
14.71%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.94%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed