SneezyPanda
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,

I sent in my two pieces of written work for Cambridge before the deadline but I haven't heard a single thing from them. No confirmation that they received my written work, no interview offers, no follow-ups about my application.

Should I be worried that my application didn't go through or my written work didn't send? Have they discarded my application?

I'm getting pretty stressed about this. Please help
username11235813
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leaaahhh)
Hi,

I sent in my two pieces of written work for Cambridge before the deadline but I haven't heard a single thing from them. No confirmation that they received my written work, no interview offers, no follow-ups about my application.

Should I be worried that my application didn't go through or my written work didn't send? Have they discarded my application?

Don't worry - nobody knows anything. I haven't heard anything back either (although my subject has no written work).

They're finishing up this week - you'll hear back soon. If there had been a mistake, you would've heard. (Are you sure that it submitted correctly?)

Spoiler:
Show
Also, I'm a hypocrite - sorry! I've been stressing out so much about this for the past two weeks, so I'm not really qualified to talk about staying calm...
SneezyPanda
Rep:
?
(Original post by theJoyfulGeek)
Don't worry - nobody knows anything. I haven't heard anything back either (although my subject has no written work).

They're finishing up this week - you'll hear back soon. If there had been a mistake, you would've heard. (Are you sure that it submitted correctly?)

Spoiler:
Show
Also, I'm a hypocrite - sorry! I've been stressing out so much about this for the past two weeks, so I'm not really qualified to talk about staying calm...
Thank you so much at least I'm not the only one stressing!

I think it sent correctly. The forum that I sent it with was through the link in the official email and at the end of it it went to a page saying thank you for submitting your written work. It's just that I expected an email confirmation.

I'm also hoping that I didn't forget to fill anything out. I did the written work, the SAQ and that Applicant Additional Information Form (is this the one about the educational effects of Covid-19?). Am I missing anything? Let's stress together
username11235813
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much at least I'm not the only one stressing!

I think it sent correctly. The forum that I sent it with was through the link in the official email and at the end of it it went to a page saying thank you for submitting your written work. It's just that I expected an email confirmation.

I'm also hoping that I didn't forget to fill anything out. I did the written work, the SAQ and that Applicant Additional Information Form (is this the one about the educational effects of Covid-19?). Am I missing anything? Let's stress together
So everything seems perfect! My college had a separate confidentiality agreement - did you do that?

I just hope that NatSci comes out today aaaah.
SneezyPanda
Rep:
?
So everything seems perfect! My college had a separate confidentiality agreement - did you do that?

I just hope that NatSci comes out today aaaah.
I don't think my college had that but now I'm second-guessing myself. Oh gosh! I applied to Newnham College and I'm so scared. :eek:

I applied or Geography and I have no idea what's happening lol
username11235813
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think my college had that but now I'm second-guessing myself. Oh gosh! I applied to Newnham College and I'm so scared. :eek:

I applied or Geography and I have no idea what's happening lol
If you weren't told, then you probably don't - Christ's just had a lot of extra forms! Good luck with Geography - I'm sure you'll get through. And if you don't, it's their loss!
SneezyPanda
Rep:
?
If you weren't told, then you probably don't - Christ's just had a lot of extra forms! Good luck with Geography - I'm sure you'll get through. And if you don't, it's their loss!
Thank you! Good luck to you in NatSci too! Christ's is a great college and I bet you'll be fine.
lara._poole
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm also applying to Newnham (English) and had exactly the same question! I submitted my two pieces of work but haven't any confirmation of follow up. I also don't remember any confidentiality agreement. I'm sure we're fine!
SneezyPanda
Rep:
?
Hi,

Just got an interview invite from Cambridge this morning...oh my god I was so stressed lol
Georgiabgeorgiab
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What college have you applied for? I also haven’t heard anything ...
SneezyPanda
Rep:
?
(Original post by Georgiabgeorgiab)
What college have you applied for? I also haven’t heard anything ...
I applied to Newnham. Where have u applied?
Georgiabgeorgiab
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Downing.. heard nothing from them and when I emailed admissions this morning, they only replied with “we’ll be in touch soon” ?!?
username11235813
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just got an interview invite from Cambridge this morning...oh my god I was so stressed lol
Congratulations! I still haven't heard anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (23)
13.61%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (48)
28.4%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (69)
40.83%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (24)
14.2%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
2.96%

Watched Threads