shhep3
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Good Evening all

I attended OASC in August. 3 weeks later I was contacted by the medical board and booked onto my Aircrew medical wich I attended.

Initially I didnt pass the medical as just needed a further note from my optician wich the Dr told me would pass me for the medical once they had received this. My opticians sent them the notes and I got an email saying they were all recived ok.

I've been waiting for an update and checked my portal on friday to find that my aircrew medical isn't listed in the past events tab. I rang my AFCO to check if I had passed the medical ok but I was told im still waiting for my OASC results?

Perhaps I was mistaken in thinking that because I had been called for the medical ment that I had passed OASC?
My AFCO didn't know that I had been for the medical so I'm guessing there was a break down in communication as its not on the portal.
Has anyone experienced this before? I'm not sure who to contact or whether to just wait as my AFCO didn't seem to know

Thanks for your help
Advertisement
AscendingWings
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shhep3)
Good Evening all

I attended OASC in August. 3 weeks later I was contacted by the medical board and booked onto my Aircrew medical wich I attended.

Initially I didnt pass the medical as just needed a further note from my optician wich the Dr told me would pass me for the medical once they had received this. My opticians sent them the notes and I got an email saying they were all recived ok.

I've been waiting for an update and checked my portal on friday to find that my aircrew medical isn't listed in the past events tab. I rang my AFCO to check if I had passed the medical ok but I was told im still waiting for my OASC results?

Perhaps I was mistaken in thinking that because I had been called for the medical ment that I had passed OASC?
My AFCO didn't know that I had been for the medical so I'm guessing there was a break down in communication as its not on the portal.
Has anyone experienced this before? I'm not sure who to contact or whether to just wait as my AFCO didn't seem to know

Thanks for your help
Many people assume they have passed OASC when they get booked in for the medical. Clearly there are cases of passing OASC but I've not personally seen an OASC fail and getting offered a medical, that doesn't say it doesn't happen. Until you have your OASC nod, I wouldn't celebrate just yet!
rhos113
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by shhep3)
Good Evening all

Thanks for your help
This seems like a very odd situation to be in, given that you have been for a Air Crew medical and your AFCO have no record of you doing so.

I suggest contacting OASC Boarding Officers (should be on your OASC AO) and speaking to them directly. They will be able to provide you with the information you need regarding your board result. Given how long it has been since you attended OASC and the Air Crew medical, you're definitely in your right to contact them.
Advertisement
shhep3
Rep:
?
(Original post by rhos113)
This seems like a very odd situation to be in, given that you have been for a Air Crew medical and your AFCO have no record of you doing so.

I suggest contacting OASC Boarding Officers (should be on your OASC AO) and speaking to them directly. They will be able to provide you with the information you need regarding your board result. Given how long it has been since you attended OASC and the Air Crew medical, you're definitely in your right to contact them.
Thankyou I will contact them. It does feel like I've ended up in a strange position
shhep3
Rep:
?
(Original post by AscendingWings)
Many people assume they have passed OASC when they get booked in for the medical. Clearly there are cases of passing OASC but I've not personally seen an OASC fail and getting offered a medical, that doesn't say it doesn't happen. Until you have your OASC nod, I wouldn't celebrate just yet!
Thanks for the advice 😊
Advertisement
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads