The Student Room Group

looking for a data science masters

Hi all,
Im an international student looking for a data science course that is updated to the current and future market needs. I have been researching a lot of universities and found many of them still use MATLAB and sas which is more research and stats oriented rather than PYTHON, JULIA for example
And many are heavy on stats and not focusing much on deep learning some good ones I found were uni of Exeter and Bradford but in mot sure if im hoping to find a good course in London or in another big city or at least in a university that is alive if you know what I mean I don’t mean partying im too old for that “this is my second master but looking for a friendly play where I can actually stay for a year having some how of a social life but I don’t want to be too fussy about it as long as I find the right master.

Hope you guys can share and guide me
Read-up on this international KTH university as well, I had a few friends go there - they now have rather good jobs. Plus this country is more-or-less open!

https://www.kth.se/en/studies/master/ict-innovation
Reply 2
Original post by LuigiMario
Read-up on this international KTH university as well, I had a few friends go there - they now have rather good jobs. Plus this country is more-or-less open!

https://www.kth.se/en/studies/master/ict-innovation

thanks for sharing it looks very interesting specially the machine learning masters only issue its a two year program im looking for rather one year .never thought of looking out of the uk but this is opening my eyes
UK is quite good, some MSc courses are value for money, but....some aren't, and this impending 'exit' from large trade areas is retrograde for academia & employment.

I do have a friend doing a non-IT MSc at Exeter, and that's going quite well (slow admin), other friends did science MSc's in Glasgow, very happy.

I'm sure I read that France was offering people who did a master in French University (hard to understand system, but it is possible that there was an offer allegedly of fast-track to French citizenship, simply by doing a master in France) , in this world it's quite nice to have a few (legal) passports option. I spent about half-a-day on that story, gave it some credence. I'm not sure who it was aimed at tho'

The famous engineering uni of ÉPFL in Lausanne, Switzerland does pay around £16K/yr to some students to study a Masters in some comp sci masters there. (some teaching duties followed) (Not sure how many candidates allowed or in what subjects, as I last looked at that 2 years ago). Fees are/were very low, but living costs fairly high. Switzerland is even planning to allow ski holidays this winter.

There was also a quantum-crypto link setup fairly recently(*) between my old AD work in CERN and ÉPFL (~60 kilometres?), that beats AI/ML for coolness! So I encourage you to read widely - but certainly, benchmark the various full package offers to the UK MSc offers. (also check the UK NCSC certified cybersec Masters, if bad-packetology appeal at all, as UK is a leader in cyber offence, sorry I mean defence)

(*) all info seems 'gone', but they are both partners here https://www.swissquantumhub.com/cern-meets-quantum-technology/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending