Mollyk220313
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!
For context, I'm predicted BBB at a-level but I believe I could push that up to ABB. I sent off my UCAS application applying to:
Aberdeen (ABB)
Brighton (BBB-CCC)
Cardiff (AAB-ABB)
Exeter, with Business (AAB-ABB)
Greenwich (BBB)
I was reliant on Brighton giving me CCC but they gave me BBB, meaning, even if I only get into Greenwich, I have no insurance choice.
Heavily considering substituting exeter for a choice I'd get into - does anyone have any ideas / advice on what you would do? I'm considering swapping for Exeter?
For context: my personal statement is stuffed with supercurriculars if it gets to that point which is why I've applied to higher unis.
Last edited by Mollyk220313; 1 month ago
McGinger
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you have already sent off your UCAS application, and its more than 14 days ago, you cannot now change any of of your chosen Unis.
Mollyk220313
Rep:
?
(Original post by McGinger)
If you have already sent off your UCAS application, and its more than 14 days ago, you cannot now change any of of your chosen Unis.
I have until Thursday!
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mollyk220313)
Hi!
For context, I'm predicted BBB at a-level but I believe I could push that up to ABB. I sent off my UCAS application applying to:
Aberdeen (ABB)
Brighton (BBB-CCC)
Cardiff (AAB-ABB)
Greenwich (BBB)
I was reliant on Brighton giving me CCC but they gave me BBB, meaning, even if I only get into Greenwich, I have no insurance choice.
Heavily considering substituting exeter for a choice I'd get into - does anyone have any ideas / advice on what you would do? I'm considering swapping for Exeter?
For context: my personal statement is stuffed with supercurriculars if it gets to that point which is why I've applied to higher unis.
I wouldnt worry too much. Both Greenwich and Brighton are likely to accept you below the grades they ask for. Cardiff also sometimes does the same, Exeter will give you an offer for AAB. The ABB offer is likely to be given if you are entitled to a contextual offer.

What subject are you applying for. What kind of university are you looking for. Big city or small city. What region of the UK would you like to study.. Do you want a city or campus university.
06rg11
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi!
Aberdeen (ABB)
Brighton (BBB-CCC)
Cardiff (AAB-ABB)
Greenwich (BBB)
I put two unis with the same entry requirements as my firm and insurance. Got rejected from my firm but insurance let me in despite missing the offer by two grades. It shows that they don't always stick to the grades they ask you for so it can be worth putting down two unis with the same grades as firm and insurance. I think most unis barely look at your personal statement to be honest. It's just something to talk about if you have an interview.

I would still put Greenwich as firm and Brighton as insurance if I were you if that's what you were going to do anyway seeing as if Brighton are offering between BBB-CCC then they will likely still let you in even if you miss out on a grade or two.
Last edited by 06rg11; 1 month ago
Mollyk220313
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I wouldnt worry too much. Both Greenwich and Brighton are likely to accept you below the grades they ask for. Cardiff also sometimes does the same, Exeter will give you an offer for AAB. The ABB offer is likely to be given if you are entitled to a contextual offer.

What subject are you applying for. What kind of university are you looking for. Big city or small city. What region of the UK would you like to study.. Do you want a city or campus university.
Applying for Law, not too fussed about region but I want somewhere with night life and preferably not a terrible uni. Campus preferable
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Applying for Law, not too fussed about region but I want somewhere with night life and preferably not a terrible uni. Campus preferable
I would suggest 2 Welsh universities might be worth looking at. Aberystwyth is a very small seaside place quite remote but is very well known for having the highest percentage of pubs. Swansea has higher grades but tends to be very flexible with grades on results. Has a huge reputation for its nightlife.
Mollyk220313
Rep:
?
(Original post by swanseajack1)
I would suggest 2 Welsh universities might be worth looking at. Aberystwyth is a very small seaside place quite remote but is very well known for having the highest percentage of pubs. Swansea has higher grades but tends to be very flexible with grades on results. Has a huge reputation for its nightlife.
I have just emailed Swansea to check about the BBB offer - that looks pretty ideal for me. Thank you!!
swanseajack1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have just emailed Swansea to check about the BBB offer - that looks pretty ideal for me. Thank you!!
Universities end up accepting a lot lower than their published grades. Here are some from clearing in 2019.

Lancaster LLB vacancies BBB/BBC
Queens Uni Belfast LLB ABC/BBB
Leicester uni LLB vacancies BBB, reportedly accepted ABD
Liverpool LLB only in early Clearing for those achieving around BBB/BBC
SOAS BBB/BBC
Surrey LLB vacancies at BBB/BBC
Sussex LLB vacancies at BBC
Kent LLB vacancies at BBC
Keele LLB vacancies at BBC
Sheffield Hallam BBC
Aston LLB Law & Management BBC
City Uni LLB BBC/BCC
Reading reportedly went down to BCD
UEA, RHUL, Swansea, Hull LLB vacancies (grades not known)
Oxford Brookes LLB 96 UCAS points
𝓖𝓱𝓸𝓼𝓽𝓵𝓪𝓭𝔂
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you like Exeter the most, id have Exeter as the firm and Brighton as the insurance. If Brighton are advertsing a BBB-CCC but for your offer you have to get BBB; what with the CCC being advertised, I would say its likey you could get grade forgiveness, should you not get a BBB.
Should you not get into Brighton insurance choice, then look now and check out unis which could be a good clearing choice. Then you will always have a 'plan b' come August
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (313)
55.99%
I don't have everything I need (246)
44.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise