Want more information about this university?
matt_dirzys
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
DELETED
Last edited by matt_dirzys; 1 month ago
SneezyPanda
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey!

I applied for uni last month and have already got 3 offers back and I've gotta say, I don't think any uni really cares that much about the predicted grades this year. As long as you have a top-notch personal statement then you'll be all good.

Durham's entry requirements were A*AA but they have been offering AAB to ABB offers. I'm guessing all uni are having to realise that our predicted grades are being affected by the frickin 6 months off school and it won't be fair to reject people because of this, plus lots of people are deciding not to go to uni this year because of the current situation so they have more spaces to fill up on courses.

Also, being one grade below should be fine. It would be more concerning if it was 2 or 3 grades lower.
matt_dirzys
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Leaaahhh)
Hey!

I applied for uni last month and have already got 3 offers back and I've gotta say, I don't think any uni really cares that much about the predicted grades this year. As long as you have a top-notch personal statement then you'll be all good.

Durham's entry requirements were A*AA but they have been offering AAB to ABB offers. I'm guessing all uni are having to realise that our predicted grades are being affected by the frickin 6 months off school and it won't be fair to reject people because of this, plus lots of people are deciding not to go to uni this year because of the current situation so they have more spaces to fill up on courses.

Also, being one grade below should be fine. It would be more concerning if it was 2 or 3 grades lower.
Thanks for your and comment, I hope I get a place at NTU it's my preferred choice and already sorted out the accommodation.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads