predicted grades lower than entry requirements

Watch
flowerstudy2209
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am thinking of applying to a university with the entry requirements of BBC but my predicted grades are BCC.Is it worth applying even though I'm one grade short?
Last edited by flowerstudy2209; 1 month ago
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It does depend on the uni and the course. As general guidance i would choose 2 above BCC, 2 BCC and 1 below BBC.. that way you can guarantee a place. Remember its not just about your grades, prove yourself in your personal statement/at any interview. Some people have higher predicted and end up failing at an interview. Overall, do think wisely. Good luck!
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
More info and advice - How to Avoid 5 Rejections : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...ity-rejections
flowerstudy2209
Rep:
?
(Original post by .2.0.0.3.)
It does depend on the uni and the course. As general guidance i would choose 2 above BCC, 2 BCC and 1 below BBC.. that way you can guarantee a place. Remember its not just about your grades, prove yourself in your personal statement/at any interview. Some people have higher predicted and end up failing at an interview. Overall, do think wisely. Good luck!
thank you!
wizkid44
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by flowerstudy2209)
I am thinking of applying to a university with the entry requirements of BBC but my predicted grades are BCC.Is it worth applying even though I'm one grade short?
Depends slightly according to course you’re doing. But my friends applied to ABB with BCC and she’s got an offer, I would have 2/3 aspirational unis, one safe one and then one slight above
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by flowerstudy2209)
thank you!
No worries!
flowerstudy2209
Rep:
?
(Original post by wizkid44)
Depends slightly according to course you’re doing. But my friends applied to ABB with BCC and she’s got an offer, I would have 2/3 aspirational unis, one safe one and then one slight above
okay, thanks for your help!
pilbs0610
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which course did your friend apply for?
wizkid44
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pilbs0610)
Which course did your friend apply for?
Cyber security
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.57%
I don't have everything I need (97)
39.43%

Watched Threads