Want more information about this university?
Rampyyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi There,

I have been given an offer to studying mechanical engineering at Sheffield. I have been offered to courses, the MEng and the BEng with a year in industry. Would I be able to still do a year in industry if I choose to go with the MEng?
Any help is much appreciated.
University of Sheffield Alumni
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rampyyy)
Hi There,

I have been given an offer to studying mechanical engineering at Sheffield. I have been offered to courses, the MEng and the BEng with a year in industry. Would I be able to still do a year in industry if I choose to go with the MEng?
Any help is much appreciated.
Hi! Sheffield Chemical Engineering Graduate here!

Yes you can - you can check out our MEng Mechanical Engineering with Year in Industry course here. This would make your course total length 5 years (but you will be paid on your 4th year as you will be out in industry, and also you will be paying greatly discounted tuition fees for this year).

It is very easy to switch between the MEng and MEng with Year in Industry course once you get to
Sheffield - it's harder to switch from the BEng course to the MEng/MEng with Year in Industry as certain grade requirements need to be met - but it's still definitely possible and I have friends that did do this

Let me know if you have any more questions.
- Ellie
Rampyyy
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Sheffield Alumni)
Hi! Sheffield Chemical Engineering Graduate here!

Yes you can - you can check out our MEng Mechanical Engineering with Year in Industry course here. This would make your course total length 5 years (but you will be paid on your 4th year as you will be out in industry, and also you will be paying greatly discounted tuition fees for this year).

It is very easy to switch between the MEng and MEng with Year in Industry course once you get to
Sheffield - it's harder to switch from the BEng course to the MEng/MEng with Year in Industry as certain grade requirements need to be met - but it's still definitely possible and I have friends that did do this

Let me know if you have any more questions.
- Ellie
Thanks for the help, I have firmed my offer for the MEng and hope to switch to the year in industry if I get accepted
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (426)
56.57%
I don't have everything I need (327)
43.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed