The Student Room Group

Senior Status Applicants

I'm guessing (speculating) that the university will receive a greater than usual number of senior status applicants this year. Would love to hear about other applicant's stats, concerns, or questions!

I'll start: A*AAA in Biology, Physics, Math, and Chemistry respectively. 1st UG in Economics. Applying for law with senior status.

Concern: maybe i should have applied to Cambridge instead haha
Hey! Why do you think more people are applying as senior status? :smile:

I got 41/45 at the IB 3 years go, with advanced maths, physics, chemistry (HL) and Biology, History and English ! 1st undergrad also in Economics :smile: Applying for senior status in computer science (weird I know)...

Concern: I was sick during the MAT test day and probably did less well than I should have!
other concern: I feel a little mature to go back to do another undergrad!
Original post by adrianfails
Hey! Why do you think more people are applying as senior status? :smile:

I got 41/45 at the IB 3 years go, with advanced maths, physics, chemistry (HL) and Biology, History and English ! 1st undergrad also in Economics :smile: Applying for senior status in computer science (weird I know)...

Concern: I was sick during the MAT test day and probably did less well than I should have!
other concern: I feel a little mature to go back to do another undergrad!

Because more people are likely to go back to school during a bad economy. Especially due to the pandemic, people losing jobs and recent graduates not finding any.

Computer science is cool! Good luck!
Hi there! Applying for law with senior status at Harris Manchester. I also setup a thread for that college if you're interested and applied there.

I think a lot will be going back to school as you said but I'm not sure senior status law will garner much more interest. Its quite niche and most would likely go for a 1 year GDL.

Anyhow my grades are nothing like yours!

Degree: BA Hons 1st class English Language and Linguistics
A Level: A*BB
GCSE: Distinction, ABBBBBCC

No clue how I got an interview, someone should definitely be losing their job for giving me one lol.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by shoreuss
Hi there! Applying for law with senior status at Harris Manchester. I also setup a thread for that college if you're interested and applied there.

I think a lot will be going back to school as you said but I'm not sure senior status law will garner much more interest. Its quite niche and most would likely go for a 1 year GDL.

Anyhow my grades are nothing like yours!

Degree: BA Hons 1st class English Language and Linguistics
A Level: A*BB
GCSE: Distinction, ABBBBBCC

No clue how I got an interview, someone should definitely be losing their job for giving me one lol.

Haha having a degree in English sets you up pretty well for law! I'm sure they see the benefit of that. Congratulations and good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending